Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Round Lough Derg on a Hybrid Should I bring a spare innertube?

• 11-08-2011 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Hi,

OCD or ....

Having issues getting a spare tube for my bike (700 / 32) place I normally go is closed for lunch (limited time on lunch break) and the other place doesn't have one in stock :eek: Thing is, the bike has triple walled tyres am I just being a bit OCD ? 110KMs and no spare... ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

When's the last time you punctured? How old are your tyres? Do you have a puncture repair kit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Go for it. You will have something to tell your grandchildren about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Never had a puncture on this set. Yes, got a repair kit, just dint want the hassle.. Tyres came with the bike (2010 Bontrager triple walled) and have clocked up a bit of mileage (not too hefty, 70km in any one spin), all in all still quite OK. Just dont wanna get stuck halfway :eek:.....

tempted to wing it all the same...:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I use 700x32 marathon supremes, and have had one puncture in the last 4500k, which I fixed with a repair kit. I always carry two spare tubes though, starting to wonder why. Chances are you'd get away with it.

The risk with no spare tube is getting a puncture near the valve, or damage to the valve, which you can't repair. Rare enough, but it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 saffron yellow

fatboy,

I'm around the lake most weekends at the moment. Surface is pretty crappy but you should be fine with puncture kit. Besides, worst case scenario - there are bike shops/repair in Killaloe, nenagh, scarriff and 'll probably portumna that you could thumb a lift too. Failing that, I'll wave on the way past.

• Advertisement
Advertisement