Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to England

• 11-08-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

just looking for some advice regarding the logistics of moving across the pond. I'm moving to an East Midlands city for Uni in September. I have no car and unfortunately nobody willing to drive me. So my choices are either fly Ryanair to EMA with one piece of hand luggage and one checked bag with a weight limit.. or sail on one of the ferries with a few larger pieces of luggage, and then have to pay extra to get a train! I'm trying to persuade my brother to be my luggage mule at the moment, so I can bring more with me..

Just looking for any other stories of moving to England.. how did you go about moving your life across the pond? Anybody use any of the courier/delivery/moving services??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

bwaindead wrote: »
    Hi all,

just looking for some advice regarding the logistics of moving across the pond. I'm moving to an East Midlands city for Uni in September. I have no car and unfortunately nobody willing to drive me. So my choices are either fly Ryanair to EMA with one piece of hand luggage and one checked bag with a weight limit.. or sail on one of the ferries with a few larger pieces of luggage, and then have to pay extra to get a train! I'm trying to persuade my brother to be my luggage mule at the moment, so I can bring more with me..

Just looking for any other stories of moving to England.. how did you go about moving your life across the pond? Anybody use any of the courier/delivery/moving services??

Check out sailrail. Ferry from Dublin, and train from Holyhead to nearly any UK station for about €60 with as much luggage as you can carry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Myself & my partner moved over with one piece of carry on & one large checked piece of luggage each. However we didn't have jobs or even a flat sorted out so travelling light was a definite advantage. Do you have the option of a small initial move & then bringing more bits with you after trips home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭tucked

Have a look at www.teds-trucking.com
    I haven't used these guys and don't know anything about them but I found their advert on another site and got a good quote from them for a UK-Ireland move. Let me know if you try them, I'd be interested to see how you get on or has anyone else heard of them?

Advertisement