Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help building a Home Netorked Theatre PC.

Options
  • 11-08-2011 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi i would like to build a PC that i can have fully networked in my house, either coming from the Attic, or i am going to build a little "room" to house it.
    I was hoping i could get a parts list or pointers here, about what type of Parts would i go for.

I have built one, from a recommended list on here, and it's going great, so a MASSIVE thanks to all who helped, and the person who put the parts together (i can't for the life of me remember who it was :().

I'm thinking of getting a 3D card, so that i wouldn't have to upgrade for quite some time, if ever.
    So 3D full HD. Maybe a small monitor so i can put it beside the PC to tweak/fix any problems i may have.
    I would also like a fair bit of storage to house all my DVD's and Blu-Ray Discs.
    I will rip them directly to the drive, so would like it to have a blu-ray/DVD combo player/recorder or whatever.

Apart from that, i don't know anything else i would need, would i need a special card with many ports, to connect it? Would i benefit from having a TV card, and maybe connecting Sky+ box to it?
    (I'll leave that until later.)

Could someone post an example, or possibly even their recommendation for the type of build i should go for?
    I will probably have 4 TV's connected to it eventually: Sitting Room, Kitchen, Bedroom, and maybe one in spare room.

All/Any Help Gratefully appreciated.
    I don't even know how to get to the 3D-HD cards in hardwareversaand..:confused:

Thanks..

Advertisement