Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abused for just standing at my door

Options
  • 11-08-2011 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I would like to share my experience with the good people of Dublin and see your take on it. I'm the type of person that keeps to myself, minds my own business and generally likes the easy life.

I live near Crumlin Childrens Hospital and last night I was taking in the glorious sight of the near full moon and getting some fresh air at my front door. Living in a small two bedroom house it can feel claustrophobic sometimes. A group of mid teens walk by and mutter something. Then when they get a couple of houses down proceed to abuse me and threaten me for not saying hello to them and for being ignorant. In the past week I have had my door kicked, banged on and stones thrown at my windows. Up to this time no problems at all.

Why is it the general youth populace of Dublin feel they have to say something to someone when they see them minding their own business ?? I don't know these people from Adam and couldn't care less what they do.

I'm sure I'm going to get the auld "sure just ignore them" remarks. But I don't like to feel like I'm being intimidated by kids especially when at home. Any idea about the best way to deal with them ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

4 options

1. Shoot them
    2. Move
    3. Talk to them - try to reason with them that you are not the bad guy and slightly kinked (maybe even kinked enough for 1st option)
    4. Ignore them

I tried number 3 and amazingly it worked. But I think that was a fluke. Unoriginal I know but 4 is the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

D1stant wrote: »
    4 options

1. Shoot them
    2. Move
    3. Talk to them - try to reason with them that you are not the bad guy and slightly kinked (maybe even kinked enough for 1st option)
    4. Ignore them

I tried number 3 and amazingly it worked. But I think that was a fluke. Unoriginal I know but 4 is the way to go

Don't think number 3 is an option, I did start off on the right foot and tried to be polite last night asking were they talking to me, I'm a little deaf so couldn't hear everything. The shear ignorance that I was faced with was astounding, so it quickly dropped to their level.

Very hard to ignore people when they're physically invading your space. Will give it a try though, can't see myself moving because of kids like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Record the times and dates of every incident and keep a note of who was in the group. If it keeps up for more than 7 days then a word with the Guards although chances are once these scobes are talked to by the Guards you'll have more to deal with. Ideally if you have a video camera that you could covertly record these pups in action, it might help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Get some of the lads over one night to give 'em a few digs and a warning. you'll be allright then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Get the lead scrote, tie him to the back of the bike by his testicles, do a burn out and then go for a rip around the Gap! Should sort him out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

If these youths are from a council estate then go to the council and DEMAND they are evicted. After the riots in England, people will be more sympathic to washing horrible people out of the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

you need to purchase yourself a nice shiny baseball bat my friend

superfish wrote: »
    you need to purchase yourself a nice shiny baseball bat my friend

Unfortunately baseball bats are classed as weapons in Ireland.

This however isn't....

Anyone that gives me shite now will be greeted by my extendible tyre iron

gor_wrench.jpg

A quick flick of the wrist and this doubles in size, its enough to make even the most discerning scumbag crap his grey tracksuit bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

If these youths are from a council estate then go to the council and DEMAND they are evicted. After the riots in England, people will be more sympathic to washing horrible people out of the area.

Ha, that's unlikely over here. Having had similar issues all I can say is that it must boil down to some kind of curiousity or insecurity. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been called things and threatened walking through the estate I live in purely because the people don't know me and because I don't get involved in anything locally.

And what have I learned from this experience? That I just have to get on with it and take the abuse til I have enough money to move away, because the guards and council do fcuk all. It's harsh, but unfortunately true. You'll just have to find some way of dealing with it.

Ha, that's unlikely over here. Having had similar issues all I can say is that it must boil down to some kind of curiousity or insecurity. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been called things and threatened walking through the estate I live in purely because the people don't know me and because I don't get involved in anything locally.

And what have I learned from this experience? That I just have to get on with it and take the abuse til I have enough money to move away, because the guards and council do fcuk all. It's harsh, but unfortunately true. You'll just have to find some way of dealing with it.

You're right on the button there, thats what it comes down to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement