Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asian ingredients in Castlebar

Options
  • 11-08-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi,

anyone know where I can get asian ingredients in Castlebar?? Looking for rice wine, rice vinegar etc for Chinese cooking. I know there was a 'supermarket' on Market Square but that's long gone...

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

There is an Afro Asian Carribean Shop on Linenhall Street between Eclipse hair studio and Rockys.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    There is an Afro Asian Carribean Shop on Linenhall Street between Eclipse hair studio and Rockys.

Cheers Mayo Miss. Frequently drive down Linenhall street but never noticed it there. Will be popping in next week to see what they have in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

or ask Mustafa in The Olive Tree what he can do for you (between Market Sq and the traffic lights at Newtown)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Connacht wrote: »
    or ask Mustafa in The Olive Tree what he can do for you (between Market Sq and the traffic lights at Newtown)

Cheers Connacht. I'm looking for Chinese / Indian ingredients so don't think he'd have some of the stuff I need.

Great food in there though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

If you like the Olive Tree, you have to try Appetite Takeaway out in Moneen. Its ran by one of the guys who used to chef for the Olive Tree and is far nicer imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Unless I'm mistaken, the Olive Tree used to have a shop near the massive car park area behind Stauntons, between there and Dunnes - and then it turned into a café and moved - but it was always a brilliant source of Asian/Indian ingredients, despite them not actually being either Asian nor Indian. You could also try Ylang Ylang healthfood store - one of the few places around here I can get methi (fenugreek leaves) and some other spices. Good luck, and drop me a PM if you give up and want to know good places you can order from online (mostly UK based) - I'll write up my list for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Sorry to resurrect this thread, does the Afro-Asian shop do different kinds of tofu and nori (sheets of seaweed) or would someone be able to recommend one of the health food stores where I can get some nice vegan friendly ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Old threads have stale information (pun intended).
    Instead start a fresh thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement