Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless CCTV blocking wifi

Options
  • 11-08-2011 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I installed a wireless CCTV cmaera kit for my parents recently, which works great. The problem is that it knocks off/clashes with the Eircom wifi router. Unfortunately, they need wifi for their iPad. So, is there an easy solution to this?

I have tried switching the channels on the camera and receiver but it made no difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭bigtom71

Anyone any thoughts on this? I think the camera is 2.4Ghz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

did you try configuring the router to different settings and see does that help .

did you try configuring the router to different settings and see does that help .

No I didn't. What settings could improve it?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Is the signal dropping, or are you losing your ip address? Try giving some static ip's way up from the normal dhcp allocation and see does that make a difference..

MarkR wrote: »
    Is the signal dropping, or are you losing your ip address? Try giving some static ip's way up from the normal dhcp allocation and see does that make a difference..

ASAIK the signal just goes. I'll have a go with setting up a few static IP addresses over the Weekend when I'm over there, and see what happens.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You need to change wireless channel on both the camera and your Eircom router router, give one channel 11 and the other channel 1 so they have the best chance of not interfering with each other. The trouble with some wifi cctv cameras and video senders is they don't conform to normal 802.11 channels and can cause interference on all channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

PogMoThoin is spot on, the wireless in the CCTV camera are nightmare, they interfere with any other wireless devices, try the suggested earlier, and try have them in a seperate place as well.

The Eircom router is on Channel 11 and I tried all four channels on the wireless camera to no avail. My one last option is to move the router to a different room, which is not ideal, but might work, as it will be out of the hall where the camera is now.

I think I'll be binning this camera though to be honest.
    Thanks for all the pointers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Does the camera have an ethernet port, can you disable wireless on it?

Advertisement