Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My cousins Jack Spaniel is 10 days overdue

• 11-08-2011 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

My cousin has a Jack Spaniel, a female dog. Anyway my cousin got a new dog some months ago, a male dog. I don't know what breed he is, but the dogs are the same size and look similar.

But this new dog got the Jack Spaniel female pregnant, and she was due to have the pups 10 days ago, but they have not yet arrived. The female dog is in a lot of pain, she is whinging all the time. What can be done?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm going to forego any other comments and questions I had and ask, did they take her to the vet.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Please don't spend time waiting for replies on this - take her to the vet asap! I'm not going waste time here telling you why, but she needs to get there immediately if she's 10 days over and in pain!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Seriously, vet immediately.

10 days over is not at all normal.

Posts like these make me despair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

VET ASAP!!!! Dogs do not go ten days overdue so this is very very serious. The bitch is at serious risk here so get her to the vet now.

Just curious, but whats a Jack Spaniel??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

andreac wrote: »
    VET ASAP!!!! Dogs do not go ten days overdue so this is very very serious. The bitch is at serious risk here so get her to the vet now.

Just curious, but whats a Jack Spaniel??

I think it might be a "designer" mongrel. A jack russell x some type of spaniel?:rolleyes:

OP, this dog needed to be seen by the Vet a week ago, 10 days overdue in a dog is very dangerous for both bitch and pups.

• Advertisement

This is why novices and inexperienced people shouldnt breed their dogs...:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

What would you do if a woman was pregnant, ten days overdue and in pain?

You may have the due date wrong but either way, she still needs a vet or you could lose her *and* the pups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Note the term "my cousin's dog". I have never owned a dog, I don't even know the right name of the breed of the dog. She might be a Jack Russell now that I think a bit more about it. I only see the dog once every couple of weeks.

I will tell my cousin to bring her to the vet ASAP.

I dont understand how someone could leave a dog in pain for that amount of time knowing full well the bitch was due pups 10 days ago??:confused:

I really really do wonder about people sometimes. Backyard breeder springs to mind!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm going to refrain from commenting further as it would not contain pretty language, but suffice to say that I hope the dog is okay, and that your cousin cops the f on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

A whole lot of other names spring to my mind, how sad for that poor dog.

Let us know how she goes OP but unless they've been badly out with their dates then i'd imagine it's not going to be a happy ending for these babies. Fingers crossed for the mother.

Hi. Can I appeal to Corkman (the OP) to please let us know how the dog is doing now? She's been on my mind and I would really like to know how she is. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I think a lot of posters need to realise that the OP is not the owner of the dog and came here looking for advice, so maybe tempers should be reigned in just a little bit.

OP, I hope your cousin got the dog to a vet and both mother and pups are doing ok? The alternative does not bear thinking about. Let us know please.

January wrote: »
    I think a lot of posters need to realise that the OP is not the owner of the dog and came here looking for advice, so maybe tempers should be reigned in just a little bit.

OP, I hope your cousin got the dog to a vet and both mother and pups are doing ok? The alternative does not bear thinking about. Let us know please.

Thats true about the tempers. I suppose its an initial reaction from dog lovers who feel that there's a dog out there in distress. I just hope it wont prevent the OP from giving us an update. I can assure him that he wont be slated by me but I again just appeal for an update - please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

The Jack Russell had the pups on the 12th! Both parties survived, the Mother and the 6 newly born pups!!

Thank God for that and thank you for letting us know.

Advertisement