Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor South Pacific [US Pace] [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 11-08-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Wont find until this starts!!

More Redemption Island, more Returning players, but will it be a carbon copy of Season 22? Hope not!

I really enjoyed Boston Rob finally winning the game he loves so much, but the whole season was over shadowed by poor game play by the other members of his alliance, so lets hope better players, more blindsides and the 2 returnees fighting harder in the game!

Ive heard so many names come up as the 2 returnees, Coach and Ozzy been the ones said alot but don't be surprized if its someone else!!

Thoughts anyone of you Survivor fans out there???!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Cast announcement is imminent - expect it in the next week or so. The premiere will be 90 minutes and on September 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

Should be a good season hopefully if they use RI to its full potential, alot gave out about it but that was because it was so messy and they had never used it before.

Was watching the old seasons and Id love if they mixed it up a bit and went back to 3 tribes, had a returnee on each one, would be a different from the norm last time out.

I think we just need to see a good game where 10-12 of the players know how to play and survive, see moves like russell and amandas Idol plays, blindsides and good challenges, its a shame they dont have water challenges anymore

Heres hoping to a good season though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Wont find until this starts!!

More Redemption Island, more Returning players, but will it be a carbon copy of Season 22? Hope not!

I really enjoyed Boston Rob finally winning the game he loves so much, but the whole season was over shadowed by poor game play by the other members of his alliance, so lets hope better players, more blindsides and the 2 returnees fighting harder in the game!

Ive heard so many names come up as the 2 returnees, Coach and Ozzy been the ones said alot but don't be surprized if its someone else!!

Thoughts anyone of you Survivor fans out there???!!
    I thought Redemption Island was possibly the worst Survivor ever,the whole concept is a nonsense,yeah Boston Rob was a worthy winner but what the hell was he up against.Very low expectations for this season.
    P.S. Redemption Island starts on TG4 tonight at 7.30!!:D

I think RI has potential if its worked right,the basis idea of it is a good one, how many times have we seen in the past people on the wrong side of numbers who would have offered alot to the game had they stayed in, well this is there way of getting back, obviously there are arguments to what ive said but im going to be positive about this season.

Watched the first ep of RI and the supporting cast where so bad, only really a few knew what they were at, and none of them really seemed like they knew how to beat Rob once he got his way into the game.

Regardless of the cast though I will probably watch it to the end again, and will hopefully be chatting with you guys on this week in, week out about whats happening!!

Let the countdown begin!

Cast announcement is imminent - expect it in the next week or so. The premiere will be 90 minutes and on September 14th.

Bottleopener can I PM you,just wondering best spot to watch next season?Not sure if Stentilyzer's channel is uploading it,dcdice seems to have had Redemption Island removed.:(

• Advertisement

Sidereel.com will have episodes uploaded the following day after theyve been aired in US, thats where ive watched the last 2 seasons, couldnt stick watching TG4 and then googling something about it and finding out who won the season by accident!!

Sidereel.com will have episodes uploaded the following day after theyve been aired in US, thats where ive watched the last 2 seasons, couldnt stick watching TG4 and then googling something about it and finding out who won the season by accident!!

Ta Keith,totally echo your sentiments.Happened to me on a couple of seasons.:mad:Ah do not mind watching TG4,fair play to them for broadcasting Survivor when the main stream stations had'nt the bottle to recognise what a great show it is.Also they've rapidly caught up in terms of seasons.They used to be about 3 seasons behind!:eek:Kudos to TG4!:D

Kudos indeed!! Wont find until there will be another All-Stars season too!! I think thats how the show will finish, having one final huge season with the best characters on it..even if they have to pay and beg them to come back!

http://www.survivorfever.net/s23_cast.html

Link for Cast list this year!!

Russell Hantz nephew is playing, I dont give him a chance really because of the name, unless he keeps that quiet enough??

First impressions I fancy Enda Keith and Albert to do well, can see Keith and Ozzy getting on well also, Announcement of Coach and Ozzy to come on wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Here is the official annoncement of contestants with bios minus the 2 returning players...
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/

• Advertisement

Sophie to win based on cast pics/bios :P. Or Edna Ma <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Im gonna throw my hat in the ring for Elyse :D I can see Ozzy been a lapdog for her. Looks like they are on the same tribe...

Brandon must work for his uncle based on his bio...

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Must have a look through all the individual player videos to make my pre-season pick (which is always wrong!, had Ashley last year)

Some nice hotties!:DElyse,Miki and Whitney are sweet.Hope they're more than cannon fodder eye candy.Really wondering what Russell's nephew will be like?Big target on his back.Delighted it's not all California guys and gals.To be honest JohnCandy,I can't be bothered watching the individual player videos,although it does make it more interesting if you try to pick a winner.The Dragonslayer to win,lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Think it's a bit of a lottery.Yeah definitely think Ozzy may be a lapdog for one of the hotties!:D

Coach and Ozzy confirmed this year!

Seen a video on Youtube where they show a clip of them climbing up a pole infront of the other contestants....bad move I think, why show off the targets strengths straight away when there already under pressure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I really wish there was a season with no returning players for a change!! :mad:

I can't wait for this season!! Does anyone collect or buy anything from the show?

Going by the released cast photos there are no hotties this season, I hope my opinion changes when the clothes come off :(:D

Loved John Cochran's video, especially the part about him wearing 3 survivor buffs in his senior yearbook photo :P

Loved John Cochran's video, especially the part about him wearing 3 survivor buffs in his senior yearbook photo :P

Link please?

I've got about 30 buffs so far, 2 signed caps, some lanyard badges and some signed contestant photos :P oh and DVDs of about 15 seasons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

kingtut wrote: »
    Link please?

I've got about 30 buffs so far, 2 signed caps, some lanyard badges and some signed contestant photos :P oh and DVDs of about 15 seasons :D

Wow, and I thought I liked the show :pac:

Link please?

Did you get the gear on a CBS auction kingtut?Any link details.Downloading all 22 seasons up to and including Nicaragua right now,115 GB worth of external hard drive!!!:D

• Advertisement

Link please?

You are offcially my hero :P.

Here's John's video :P, he's a proper survivor nerd! =D

Seems like a nice kid!Very smart and self aware,interesting to see how he does!

seligehgit wrote: »
    Did you get the gear on a CBS auction kingtut?Any link details.Downloading all 22 seasons up to and including Nicaragua right now,115 GB worth of external hard drive!!!:D

I got some of it on a CBS auction and some on ebay. I also got a couple of signed items from my contact in the US who gets me the signatures I request.

I am also in personal contact with both Yau-Man and Stephanie Lagrossa on a reasonably frequent basis as well as with Brandon Hantz who appears on S23 ;)

I plan on going to one of the survivor parties next year and the re-union of survivor 24 (not a typo!! as I won't be free to go to S23)

What kind of stuff would you like to get and I'll let you know where to go ;)

I got some of it on a CBS auction and some on ebay. I also got a couple of signed items from my contact in the US who gets me the signatures I request.

I am also in personal contact with both Yau-Man and Stephanie Lagrossa on a reasonably frequent basis as well as with Brandon Hantz who appears on S23 ;)

I plan on going to one of the survivor parties next year and the re-union of survivor 24 (not a typo!! as I won't be free to go to S23)

What kind of stuff would you like to get and I'll let you know where to go ;)

Fair play to you kingtut re personal contacts and heading to survivor parties!What stuff would you recommend?PM me if you wish.
    Selig:D

Fair play to you kingtut re personal contacts and heading to survivor parties!What stuff would you recommend?PM me if you wish.
    Selig:D

It depends on what you want and anyway I would not buy something unless you really wanted it.

Are you looking for something that will remind you of the show? ie. a buff that the contestants wear? Or maybe a prop from the show like a flag or a voting urn?

Some things are very pricey and even more so if they are signed!! ..... have a think about what you might like and get back to me.

I might have a buff or two to sell if anyone wants some (I ended up buying 2 of some of them by mistake and only got 1 in each case signed by contestants).

It depends on what you want and anyway I would not buy something unless you really wanted it.

Are you looking for something that will remind you of the show? ie. a buff that the contestants wear? Or maybe a prop from the show like a flag or a voting urn?

Some things are very pricey and even more so if they are signed!! ..... have a think about what you might like and get back to me.

I might have a buff or two to sell if anyone wants some (I ended up buying 2 of some of them by mistake and only got 1 in each case signed by contestants).

A buff would be nice,PM me who you've got a spare signed buffs of,and what price you're talking about?Any of Hantz?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

I'm trying to download them at the moment too. Have few seasons done but i'm having trouble finding places to download seasons with the full eps. Everywhere I find has the earlier seasons divided into 4 vids per ep. Any chance you can pm me your source Selig??

And for South Pacific, I've decided I'm gonna go with Albert as my pre-game pick. C'mon Albert, don't let me down like all the others!!

A buff would be nice,PM me who you've got a spare signed buffs of,and what price you're talking about?Any of Hantz?

Unfortunately I'm not selling any signed ones as they were almost impossible to get :cool: when I check my stock I'll tell you what I can give away though :)
    I'm trying to download them at the moment too. Have few seasons done but i'm having trouble finding places to download seasons with the full eps. Everywhere I find has the earlier seasons divided into 4 vids per ep. Any chance you can pm me your source Selig??

4 videos per episode ?? Can't say I have ever had a download like that, it has always been full episodes :eek:

The one problem with earlier episodes though is there are less people sharing so it is slower to download.... lucky I have them all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Yeah I managed to download all seasons without too much trouble. No problems with split videos or anything either.

• Advertisement

So for anyone wanting buffs it looks like I might be selling the following (this are not signed but are in mint condition on display cards) PM me if you are interested:

Pearl Islands - BLUE Drake Buff
    Heroes vs Villians - BLACK Ying Yang Buff
    Tocatins - BLACK Timbera Buff

Advertisement