Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor South Pacific [US Pace] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

kingtut wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm not selling any signed ones as they were almost impossible to get :cool: when I check my stock I'll tell you what I can give away though :)

4 videos per episode ?? Can't say I have ever had a download like that, it has always been full episodes :eek:

The one problem with earlier episodes though is there are less people sharing so it is slower to download.... lucky I have them all :D

Did you get the DVDs in the US?Any chance you could post a pic of the buffs,can't remember what they look like off hand?Are they up on the CBS shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

seligehgit wrote: »
    Did you get the DVDs in the US?Any chance you could post a pic of the buffs,can't remember what they look like off hand?Are they up on the CBS shop?

No I got the DVDs from a source in the UK :cool:
    I'd like to buy the official US ones but they are probably region encoded so they might not play here.

Here is an example of a buff:

$(KGrHqQOKj!E4jg(e0JrBOTFYNF1Ww~~48_12.JPG

There are probably a few in the CBS shop but I reckon they are only from the latest season and not the older seasons, I never buy them from there anyway :cool:

http://www.survivorfever.net/s23_cast.html

Link for Cast list this year!!

Russell Hantz nephew is playing, I dont give him a chance really because of the name, unless he keeps that quiet enough??

First impressions I fancy Enda Keith and Albert to do well, can see Keith and Ozzy getting on well also, Announcement of Coach and Ozzy to come on wednesday!

http://youtu.be/PJ0bnuJxnMs

To be honest not overly impressed with any of them,yeah Albert and Keith could do well,if Keith can manage to keep quiet re his pacemaker,unless it's very obvious physically.Young Hantz could be one to watch,some very mouthy girls,lots of attitude.LOL re Whitney and her big fan club watching her every move,slightly deluded.Couple of ditzey,barbie dolls.Elyse is really cute!!:D So it's the usual mix of southern belles/eye candy,corporate types/know it alls,players and the token interesting older contestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This will be the last Saturday for months that I dont get to do my favorite activity, getting bladdered and watching new Survivor. My weekend tv sessions where I watch all the downloaded US stuff in one go feel totally empty without the greatest programme ever made.

Woohoo Survivor on Thursday!! Can't wait to watch it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Woohoo Survivor on Thursday!! Can't wait to watch it :D
    +1

Cant wait either! Its been a long summer of speculation since the retrunees were leaked. Should be able to watch Thursday evening once I get home from work :)

Do you guys recommend <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Can't wait for this :D The Amazing Race on Sunday then with Ethan & Jenna competing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Can't wait for this :D The Amazing Race on Sunday then with Ethan & Jenna competing in it.
    Yes I will be watching this aswell, starts 25th of September stateside so just under 2 weeks to wait...

As for the best way to watch it, I always download. I'll start it when before I leave on Thursday morn so its ready to go when I get home. Upcoming episode is titled 'I need redemption' and is scheduled for 1 and half hours on CBS...

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Really excited now! Lets hope for a strong season...

• Advertisement

Woohoo I'll be watching Survivor tomorrow! :D

I reckon that if people find out that Brandon is related to Russell then he will be voted out pretty quickly...I wonder if anyone knows who he is or if he will tell them.... I reckon there will be a strong chance that either Ozzy or Coach will recognise him as I am sure he has been to some survivor events with Russell...

Brandon is also overly religious (to the point of being annoying) which always makes for an early exit on the show!!

Is it just me or do the girls on the show always look hotter on the show than what they do at the re-unions ??

Is it just me or do the girls on the show always look hotter on the show than what they do at the re-unions ??
    Ive thought that for years, but I do hate the smathered with makeup look that seems to have come back into female fashion everywhere in recent times. Amanda and Parvati and a few others had me practically licking the screen when they were on the beach then back in New York they were just 'meh'.

Surprised we've never had you in these threads before Kingtut if you're such a Survivor freak, you've been on Boards long enough. I have to get one of those buffs now, post some pics of your Survivor stuff if you get a chance please.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7YxzZNtw5Y

SSSOOOOOOOOO EXCITED !!!

Think I might just leave college early 2mrw, come home and fire up the season premiere!!

Can anybody can PM me a good place to download it?:D What time does it air in the US?Confusing CBS fall schedule says 8 PM Timezone ET/PT???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Brandon is also overly religious (to the point of being annoying) which always makes for an early exit on the show!!

I'm glad i'm not the only one who finds that stuff cringeworthy. Theres one every season.

Last season we had that pleb who put every decision down to "god's will". Sent to redemption Island? God's will. Win a challenge? God's will.

Actually no mate, you won the challenge because you are fitter than your opponent. And you went home because you were dumber than your opponent. God had squat to do with it. Own your own triumphs and failures.

Drive's me up the wall. :mad:

Still, looking forward to the new season all the same. Coach is completely deluded. Remember his stories about paddling down the amazon river and getting captued by a tribe? He even faked a lie detector. Guys craaaazy :p

Fantastic first episode and an excellent first tribal. Felt really bad for Coach losing like that at the beginning so was delighted they won the immunity.

No wonder Ozzy is glad he got the red tribe with all the eye candy on it :D

Think they made the right decision with voting out Semhar, I can think of at least 2 big reasons why they should've kept her :P

Cochran will be an interesting character, Brandon doesn't seem as evil as I was expecting. Interesting to see how long he keeps the shirt on and whether he'll go idol hunting like his uncle.

There's definitely a few more savvy players this season and hopefully they'll have the guts to go against the vets and prevent a Mariano situation like last year. There's definitely a danger of that happening on Ozzy's tribe, however the characters like the guy who was giving out after the immunity hopefully won't go for it.

Bring on the rest of the season!

Really enjoyed the 1st episode myself!

I thought at the start Ozzy was just going to be thinking with his lad, by wanting to aline with Semhar, but glad she went, Cochran could be done for, but I reckon he might just settle into the game now. Ozzy looks and talks a different player now, I wont say hes in charge of his tribe but he looks comfortable!

As for Coach, got off to a rough start, but did the right thing and didnt impose himself too much on what had to be done. Whether that 5 person aliance sticks is another thing?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Really enjoyed the 1st episode myself!

I thought at the start Ozzy was just going to be thinking with his lad, by wanting to aline with Semhar, but glad she went, Cochran could be done for, but I reckon he might just settle into the game now. Ozzy looks and talks a different player now, I wont say hes in charge of his tribe but he looks comfortable!

As for Coach, got off to a rough start, but did the right thing and didnt impose himself too much on what had to be done. Whether that 5 person aliance sticks is another thing?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Keith can you PM where you viewed it,usual suspects appear unavailable?:confused:

I just about to watch the first episode!! Can people use spoilers when posting about an episode for people who have not watched it yet??

Yes definitely put stuff in spoilers for the rest of the season please, it only takes 2 clicks, some people save it for the weekend.

• Advertisement

Apologies so guys! Ill know in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Really good first episode. They look like an interesting group. Cochran has gotten off to a bad start and he's got work to do now. And,what the hell is the deal with mini-Hantz? Things got a bit bizarre there. Kinda of a serial-killer vibe comin off the kid...

And,what the hell is the deal with mini-Hantz?

That is his nickname for his son :cool:

Ok so I just watched the first episode and here are my thoughts:
    I hated the Ozzy vs. Coach first challenge, I thought it was pointless and only showed the other players how bad the two returnees are at puzzles!

Cochran - I thought I would like you as we have a lot in common, we have both been fans from day 1 and we both know everything there is about the show. However you talk far too much about your love of the game which is annoying and people will soon get pissed off with it. I think the only reason you will be kept in the game is because you will agree to vote for whoever people want and not use your own mind! I am very dissapointed in you and your speech at tribal was horrific! :mad:

Semhar - You are nothing special but when your hair is 'held together' you look hot and you have a great set of tits :P but when your hair is down you look awful! The tribe won't suffer without you present.

Dawn - I don't think you will last long in the game, if you are feeling weak / sick / lonely etc DON'T TELL PEOPLE!! I'm guessing she is not really a fan of the show!! and stop crying :mad:

Poppa Bear - You seem pretty nice and you look like Richard Hatch in my opinion!! I think you will be a loveable guy but that will only get you so far...I suspect you will either be voted out for not being 'fit' enough or be taken out of the game for medical reasons.

Brandon - We have spoken 1 and 1 so I already have an opinion of you.... For someone who wants to hide who you really are stop talking about Russell off camera!! and if you insist on not showing your tattoos then why not wear the t-shirt properly? The way you wear it now makes you look weird and WILL draw attention! If people find out who you really are you will soon be gone!!

Ozzy / Coach - I have seen you both play twice before and so far this season you have done nothing worth talking about. Lol at Ozzy saying "maybe I should have taught her how to make a fire" when Semhar was voted off, classic! :pac:

As of yet no-one else for me was worth writing about .... not many hot girls this season :(

Apologies for not putting spoiler tags but it has been debated many times in other TV show forums and the general consensus was that you should not look at a thread, especially the day after the shows airs if you wish to avoid spoilers.

It's only common sense that people will be discussing the episode. However in this instance as spoilers are not noted in the thread title I do apologise. It's just something that really annoys me as I purposely avoid threads until I've seen the latest episode.

I suppose you're right tbh.

Well I intend on using spoilers when I post about an episode that has just been aired....

I won't use spoilers where I'm discussing the show in general or making general comments like I wonder who will win or who will make the merge etc.

If others are not going to use spoilers then I won't be posting in here for fear of reading something before I get to watch the show :cool:

Thargor wrote: »
    Surprised we've never had you in these threads before Kingtut if you're such a Survivor freak, you've been on Boards long enough. I have to get one of those buffs now, post some pics of your Survivor stuff if you get a chance please.

I didn't know the thread existed until recently and Survivor is not that popular in Ireland anyway I don't think so I usually post in the American forums.

Must say the immunity idol and voting urn are ugly this season! I certainly won't be buying either of them!!! :mad:

When I am back in the country I'll post some pics :)

I don't know a single person in real life I can talk about Survivor with, not even the Americans in the lab I work in. Anyone I tried to convert to it just thinks its Big Brother on an island :(

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    I don't know a single person in real life I can talk about Survivor with, not even the Americans in the lab I work in. Anyone I tried to convert to it just thinks its Big Brother on an island :(

Same :( My ex used to love it too and we had some great chats about it. I thought there'd be more seeing as TG4 show it but I guess not many know about it.

Advertisement