Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor South Pacific [US Pace] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Double elimination tonight guys. So probably two challenges and two tribal councils
    I have seen this spoiler and the one about who is voted out. I wont post in spoiler tags as its on in a few hours anyway. I will download in the morning and watch on the way to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yeah definitely could see Cochrane been brought to the final 3,I do not think he's got a hope of winning,former Savaii members will not vote for him.Ozzie,Whitney would kill him,Jim despises him.Dawn might give him a vote.Can't see how the blindsided Upolu members would give him the million bucks as much like last year he would just be brought along to the final 3 to make up the numbers.Do not think it will be his strategic ability/physical prowess that will bring him to the final 3!LOLIt will be the wiley nature of more dominant players tagging him along.Yeah in some ways it was a ballsy move considering all the flack he's likely to get but whither he made the move or not I can't see him triumphing.Just waiting to eat my hat!I can not for the life of me see Coach bringing Albert to the final 3 whatever about Sophie.Edna would be a smart person to bring along to the final 3,hopeless player.I think Brandon would be quite a dangerous player to bring along to the final 3,I think a lot of his supposed wobbles are a big act/part of the Hantz crazy God fearing deep south charm.Whatever happened to uncle Russell!

Pretty disappointing episode despite the 2 tribal councils.I suppose it was all down to the predictability of the former Savii members fates.Ozzy could be very dangerous on RI,only having to largely fend for himself and not having to worry about any politicking.He can eat all the fish/protein he likes and concentrate on the challenges.Really dislike how easily the snake Dawn tried to slither into the Upolu plus Cochrane camp.What an ass Cochrane is making of himself,dragonslayer LOL.More like court jester,they're only laughing at him.Can anybody make any sense out of what Brandon was rambling on about at tribal council???

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone notice that someone wrote cockrane on the first tribal council, and CBS blurred the first 4 letters? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cringing at Dawn and Cochrane this week. I hate that little Brandon fcuker aswell. Actually I hate everyone except the 3 that are on RI!

• Advertisement

Yea, 2 tribal councils happened last season when the predictable pagonging of a tribe started. Probably the worst episode of the series but it was always gonna happen once one tribe got the numbers. Brandon is doing a great job at securing F3 votes from the former Savaii aswell. If he and Cochrane are brought to the F3, the win will be in the bag for whoever is with them. That position could be hard to engineer though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Not looking through this thread in detail for fear of spoilers, but the previous season (Redemption Island, about time Rob won btw) just ended on TG4. Since South Pacific is still ongoing I assume there's going to be a long wait before it hits Irish TV?

Another predictable enough episode,all the fun begins now,dog eat dog!Poor Ozzy who has NO friends,my heart bleeds for him,continues to be a threat.Really hamming up his time on RI,serious combo of Neptune God of the Seas and Tarzan!LOL Whitney seems to have a soft spot for Keith,Sophie is growing more attractive to me week by week,do I need counselling guys???Really disappointed in Albert and Sophie for their lack of bottle in making the big move,they seem to be in fear of Coach or should I say Zeus who ate his children as the hopeless Cochrane mentioned.He is awful at challenges.Coach must have watched Boston Rob last season because he is copying him by the book,still has the idol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Disappointed with the final 7. Hoping Ozzy storms back to win :D

All sown up for the cult leader really. Everyone else seems happy to be on the island and blundering along until their number comes up. Disappointed in Albert and Sophie mainly - plenty of talk (moreso from Albert) yet unwilling to actually do anything. Even the talk of taking out Edna was ridiculous (how does that classify as a big move?)!

Hopefully it gets more interesting with people trying to improve their position...but it really looks like people will be satisfied with 2nd/3rd but they're ok with having played the game.

🤪

And so the pagonging continues, I guess the producers are speeding up the inevitable and they can do they as they have extra ICs to get rid of players coming back into the game!

I dont think Albert acted because he didn't have Sophie's vote. I think she stuck to the Upolu alliance because she is further up the former Upolu tribe totem pole than the proposed blindside alliance totem pole. She is a smart girl, she can bide her time without taking unnecessary risks yet. Coachran really needed that move to happen though as despite Coach's promises, I cant see the rest turning on the original 6...

I too would love to see Ozzie come back, go on an immunity run and make it to the final 3. This episodes duel was made for him. He'll need the same again next time out!

• Advertisement

Just reading on the web there that the good people at CBS have decided to renew Survivor for a further 2 seasons :D

That is on top of the upcoming spring season which starts on 24th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

2 pagong-ings in a row now. I wonder does RI make this more likely somehow, or is it just coincidental? Anyway, I'm starting to get a real bad feeling that Ozzy's gonna go all the way and win. If I was playing, I can see no way that I'd give my vote to someone that returned from RI. If you've gotten voted out, I don't think you're a worthy winner. Coach is far and away playing the best game. His next move has gotta be against Albert/Sophie. Bloody Thanksgiving episode next week! 2 weeks to get my fix :(

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Coeus wrote: »
    Just reading on the web there that the good people at CBS have decided to renew Survivor for a further 2 seasons :D

That is on top of the upcoming spring season which starts on 24th Feb.

Delighted! It's crazy that the show will still be going at S26! I'd like to see an all-star game again for S26. Maybe all winners or cast from early seasons vs cast from newer seasons. And since they're re-using locations, I'd love to see the 2 new seasons go back to Palau.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

Brillant, keep survivor going until it loses its appeal (which will be a good while into the future hopefully). Its by far the most interesting reality show on telly.

Can't believe Coach is in such a dominant position now, wonder can he win?

duiggers wrote: »
    Brillant, keep survivor going until it loses its appeal (which will be a good while into the future hopefully). Its by far the most interesting reality show on telly.

Can't believe Coach is in such a dominant position now, wonder can he win?
    I think Survivor will be around for awhile yet, ratings are good and its the most watched program in its timeslot on Wednesday evening. More people are watching it than US Xfactor :D

As for the the renewed series Jeff is back for the renewed series and will be executive producer. He says he listens to the fans so lets see if he takes their input on board. Next series is already filmed and ready to go but I havn't gone digging to see if their are returnees or RI yet...

Yes, Coach is using the exact same tactic as Boston Rob. Finding the idol early allowed him to create that position. He is helped by the fact that 3 people aint playing and coach has them and their votes in his back pocket. Thinking about it the only people I think who can beating him are Sophie or Ozzie...

Balls, its the dreaded recap episode this week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Blueshark

I have been watching survivour up until now on tg4, but it seems that im going to have to find a new place to watch it. How and/or where do you guys watch it? i tried the cbs page but it said that because of my geographic area i cant watch it, any tips would be great ty

Thargor wrote: »

Thargor is it definitely the recap episode this week?Not going to bother downloading it,if it is?

I use this to keep track of my US shows and it says it is:

http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/11-2011

Wikipedia agrees:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor:_South_Pacific

:mad:

Blueshark wrote: »
    I have been watching survivour up until now on tg4, but it seems that im going to have to find a new place to watch it. How and/or where do you guys watch it? i tried the cbs page but it said that because of my geographic area i cant watch it, any tips would be great ty
    You're going to have to switch to torrents and start downloading it but we're not allowed talk about how to do that.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Damn the recap episode, I wont bother watching this either...

As for keeping up-to-date and watching Survivor as it airs in the US, the previous posters suggestion is the method of choice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Not really a recap episode - it was actually pretty good and it gave some insight in to who's alligned with who in the final 7...

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

Who do people think will win it this series?

I reckon sophie has put herself in a prime position to win as she is well liked and not annoyed anyone too much plus she is not viewed as a big threat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Hallelujah

Ah well Cochrane was shown the door,no great surprise despite all the so called plotting around camp,feel well justified in my criticism of his so called strategic move in betraying his former tribe mates.He's now left at number 7!No harm,I hold to my belief he is possibly one of the worst survivor competitors of all time,he brought nothing to the party.Really hoping Ozzie will continue to prosper on RI and come back later,he'll whip Cochrane's ass.Edna will be next to go.Sophie becomes more impressive all the time,no prevaricating re voting Cochrane out,she is extremely competitive in the immunity challenges and has a very strong social/strategic game.Standard meltdown by the unhinged Brandon,turning into an even more serious liability.Loyal to his alliance to a fault, but unable to think strategic and keep his big mouth shut.Great person to bring to the final 3,guaranteed no votes with all the people he has pissed off.Did not see any flirting between the apparent love birds Keith and Whitney at tribal council.

Oh well Cochrane and his big move joins the annals of dumb moves in Survivor history. Ozzy is building momentum down on RI and getting plenty of edit time aswell, hope he can make it back and continue winning...

Next episode is called 'Ticking Time Bomb', I wonder what or more who could that be about :)

I think Cochrane is my most hated Survivor of all time, complete slime, I cringe whenever he talks. Hate that little Brandon sh1t aswell, so fake just like every other false Christian on this programme, brilliant tv though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Cochrane is definitely a lawyer through and through and I'm slightly disappointed he went this week. I would have enjoyed if he got another few days out of it. It would be hilarious if he managed to beat Ozzy somehow but I doubt it.

Still rooting for Coach this season but I have a feeling Sophie could turn on him soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cochrane is definitely a lawyer through and through and I'm slightly disappointed he went this week. I would have enjoyed if he got another few days out of it. It would be hilarious if he managed to beat Ozzy somehow but I doubt it.

Still rooting for Coach this season but I have a feeling Sophie could turn on him soon.

The producers aren't stupid, they will give him a challenge he has a chance of winning. A small chance, but a chance. Even Ozzy makes mistakes. I would wager it won't be a pyhsical or endurance challenge.

A mental one or something involving only your hands. He'll probably still lose though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Kirby wrote: »
    The producers aren't stupid, they will give him a challenge he has a chance of winning. A small chance, but a chance. Even Ozzy makes mistakes. I would wager it won't be a pyhsical or endurance challenge.

A mental one or something involving only your hands. He'll probably still lose though.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a whitest guy alive competition.....

Glad he got voted off. Kept talking about how he was owed. What?! It was 6-6. Sure, the other side had less chance of drawing the wrong stone, but seriously...

Brandon is also a headcase. He came back to restore the Hantz name...but he's made it worse. At least Russell had a gameplan, and in a funny way was loyal to a select few (and was interesting).

🤪

Advertisement