Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor South Pacific [US Pace] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

What a dumb move.

2 hour finale on Sunday! Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Ya, finale should be great..

My tip for the win:
    Sophie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

What a dumbass move,sick to death of the whole God thing!Yeah Albert is up the creek without a paddle,he's gone next if he fails to win immunity.Sophie is a good bet for the win but if Ozzie makes it to the final 3 he'll walk it,here's hoping.He's been superb on RI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Holy sh*t just received a message from Coach! Completely out of the blue as I have never sent him a message :eek: perhaps Ashley or Yau Man told him about me :D delighted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

kingtut wrote: »
    Holy sh*t just received a message from Coach! Completely out of the blue as I have never sent him a message :eek: perhaps Ashley or Yau Man told him about me :D delighted!!!
    Did he say if he made it to the F3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

Haha looks like God wanted Lil Hantz to go to Redemption Island, hopefully Ozzy will finish him off. It was the second worst move in the history of survivor (Eric giving his idol to the girls will never be topped).

Hopefully the final will have less God, honour and integrity talk but there's little chance of that

duiggers wrote: »
    Hopefully the final will have less God, honour and integrity talk but there's little chance of that

Zero chance of that happening, faith must be a great crutch for these bat-sh1t crazy americans. Basically, whatever happens in life, it's all part of gods plan so therefore you don't really have to take responsibility for your actions, all you do is leave things in the hands of God. Simples...

I would have taken Brandon to the final 3 in an instant. Right now him and Alberta are the 2 least likely to win the million.

Yeah Erik's move was legendary,James been voted out with 2 idols not far behind!It would have been a smart move to bring Brandon to the final 3.Zero chance of him winning the million bucks,ditto Rick(what's he contributed?) or the seriously disliked Albert.Smart move would have been to vote Sophie out,serious contender.Hard to see how Ozzie will manufacture a final 3 place,needs to align with the alienated Albert.Hard to see Coach,Sophie or for that matter Rick aligning with him.They know he has all the Savaii jury votes and likely peeved off ex Upolu tribe members he fed on RI!Keeping the fingers crossed for him,hopefully he'll whip Brandon's ass on RI and secures a worthy victory.:D Roll on tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So glad that nasty little sh1t went out like that, utterly humiliated and utterly betrayed and now to be remembered as one of the stupidest people in Survivor history. I really hated him, not just for all the Jesus crap (every year I cant believe how stupid some Americans are that they think God is interfering in an irrelevant gameshow when people are starving in the world), he was a smug little pr1ck on top of that. Wonder what Russell was thinking watching that?

Of course he'll be out on RI praying like mad and if he does beat Ozzie it will reinforce everything in his mind so it could all still go wrong, exciting stuff though, the looks on the Juries faces at Tribal :p

Ok so my prediction for what will happen is:

Redemption Island dual winner:
    Ozzy!!!!!!

Final 3:
    Ozzy, Coach, Sophie
    In order of jury votes Sophie will get the most, then Coach and then Ozzy (in fact I don't think Ozzy will get any - 1 at the very most)

Overall Winner:
    SOPHIE

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Wonder what Russell was thinking watching that

@russellhantz
    God told you to give away 1milllion dollars??? Good think he didn't tell you to throw yourself in front of a train.

www.twitter.com/russellhantz

He wasn't too impressed :)

Colmo52 wrote: »

Wouldn't blame him, Brandon's a moron! Whats the betting on Brandons dad appearing in a future survivor?

kingtut wrote: »
    Ok so my prediction for what will happen is:

Redemption Island dual winner:
    Ozzy!!!!!!

Final 3:
    Ozzy, Coach, Sophie
    In order of jury votes Sophie will get the most, then Coach and then Ozzy (in fact I don't think Ozzy will get any - 1 at the very most)

Overall Winner:
    SOPHIE

Hope you're wrong about Ozzie,I hope he can garner enough votes for the win.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Hope you're wrong about Ozzie,I hope he can garner enough votes for the win.

I'm with you. Hopefully Ozzy can go all the way.

If Ozzy wins the RI duel, he'll have to win both immunity challenges to get the the F3. Even though Coach said he'd bring him there none of the rest will.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

I'll be super pissed if Ozzy wins this game. I can't wait for a Survivor season with no Redemption Island again! I mean come on, the guy's been voted out twice! It's gotta be Coach really. He's played the best game by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They have to kill RI, even when its really tense as it has been a couple of times this season theres just something wrong about it, likewise it ruins tribal council aswell knowing that they're not fully gone when they get kicked out.

Thargor wrote: »
    They have to kill RI, even when its really tense as it has been a couple of times this season theres just something wrong about it, likewise it ruins tribal council aswell knowing that they're not fully gone when they get kicked out.
    Yeah agreed re RI but I've grown to enjoy the RI challenges,much better this year.They seem to have largely replaced the reward challenges.Yes from once you are voted out there should be no second chance.For the foreseeable future it looks like we are stuck with this ill thought out concept,Probst seems set on it!Survivor fans on SurvivorSucks have oftentimes vented their spleen on this subject but Probst ain't for turning.Can understand how JohnnyCandy feels re Ozzie winning but just think he's been brilliant on RI,he did get himself voted out once too!:D Bit of a bias as I think he's the supreme physical competitor,relying on this rather than any social/strategic game.In fact he is a bit of a loner.Just watched Cook Islands again,could not split him or Yul for the million bucks.I think Sophie is just as worthy of the win as Coach who has been pretty poor in the challenges.She has had a very sound social/strategic game,should have voted her out rather than Brandon as Albert advised.Coach may suffer for his loyalty.
    Really miss the water based challenges and whole focus that there used to be on getting fire,building shelter etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I second that. The water challenges were the most fun. They need to pick a spot from now on where its safe to get back in the water :p

I would also agree about the hardships. They aren't struggling enough in recent seasons. It's not supposed to be easy and it seems these days they get everything handed to them early on.

Personally, I think they should revamp some of the game. Pots, tools, flint, nets, tarps, fishing spears etc etc. They should all be hidden in the jungle somewhere and there should be clues at camp and challenges to find them. It would add another element to the game because at the moment they just laze around camp for two days waiting for the challenges. Make them work for their stuff. I want to see that as it would have a good bearing on alliances early on.

Redemption Island needs to go. You are right about that. Or rejigg it somehow. Maybe have redemption island from the very start but then stop it at the merge. It doesn't seem fair that a person can be voted out TWICE and still win a million dollars.

Regarding the finale, I still think albert has a chance. Not as good of a chance since his cover was blown last episode.....but he has played a decent game in "faking" the honour loyalty shtick and I think he might get a few votes of respect for it. Ofcourse thats all contingent on him making it to the final three......which he probably wont.

If its not him, I'd go for sophie. Surprised they didn't vote her out last time. Brandon has no shot at winning so voting him out and keeping her was stupid.

What time is this on tonight Irish time?

• Advertisement

Great finale,LOL re final 2 immunity challenges,straight out of Cook islands.Set it up for Ozzie,alas he failed with the puzzle.Real pity they did not go for the tie,would have loved the fire making challenge.Really disgusted Albert made the final 3,totally unworthy.Jury did a good job of making them squirm for the votes.Fair play to Sophie,she did as she promised and halted Oz's run.Worthy winner,Coach lost it on the whole loyalty,honour and God thing.He broke too many promises,gave his word to Oz as a Christian man etc...Defo lost Brandon's vote when Sophie revealed the whole charade around the finding of the hidden immunity idol.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It was a great season - next season looks like it could be good. Really depends on the cast.
    I felt sorry for Brandon on the Reunion show, but on the other hand a season of Russell vs Brandon on opposing tribes? That would be cool.
    I'd like to see Cochran back in at some stage too - maybe the next time they do an All-Stars.

Justice Ozzie won the Sprint player of the series,biggest margin ever!!!!

It was a great season - next season looks like it could be good. Really depends on the cast.
    I felt sorry for Brandon on the Reunion show, but on the other hand a season of Russell vs Brandon on opposing tribes? That would be cool.
    I'd like to see Cochran back in at some stage too - maybe the next time they do an All-Stars.

Dead set against any more returning players for the foreseeable future,enough is enough.Yeah it was a good season,can't believe it but I felt really sorry for Brandon too.Where is this One World gig taking place?Not Samoa again?Need to try an entirely different type of new location.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Only dawned on me today that I've been watching Survivor for longer than any other show on television and I watch it as soon as possible every week, so in recognition of this and the fact that I'm gonna be lost without Survivor for the next 8 weeks, I'm going to go all the way back to where it began and watch Borneo again...

Only dawned on me today that I've been watching Survivor for longer than any other show on television and I watch it as soon as possible every week, so in recognition of this and the fact that I'm gonna be lost without Survivor for the next 8 weeks, I'm going to go all the way back to where it began and watch Borneo again...

Echo your sentiments,cold turkey for 2 months!:D Think I'll re watch Fiji or China.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 bobsy

Is there a website that you can watch survivor south pacific online?. I'm really gutted that ozzy didn't win.I guess the pressure was too much to bear.It seems he had a large lead but couldn't figure out the damn puzzle. Greatest physical player ever to play the game of survivor.Hope he plays again in the future.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Dead set against any more returning players for the foreseeable future,enough is enough.Yeah it was a good season,can't believe it but I felt really sorry for Brandon too.Where is this One World gig taking place?Not Samoa again?Need to try an entirely different type of new location.
    Yep, Samoa and it has already been filmed. I dont think there is any returning players so the it looks like a fresh cast. Will be interesting to see how the 2 tribes living together dynamic will work out.

Looks like all the former Savaii and Brandon voted for Sophie with Rick, Edna and Cochrane voting for Coach. Fair play to her for winning that final IC which was just as much a million dollar challenge for her as it was for Ozzy. I still dont know why Coach didnt vote her out instead of Rick and take his chances. He played a great game but unlike Boston Rob he didnt seem to have thought out the end game.

There are rumours going round that season 25 will be a second chance season. If they do it, I hope it will be just for players who have played once who maybe made a bad move, got medivaced or were on the wrong end of a tribal mixup. I could definately see Cochrane back for that as Jeff seems to love him. Maybe Brandon aswell if he is interested...

So I was wrong about
    Ozzy
    being in the final three however I was correct in saying that
    Sophie
    was the winner (so obvious once it got to the final 5)!

By the way if anyone wants the dvd of south pacific or any other season (apart from the first two please let me know).

• Advertisement

bobsy wrote: »
    Is there a website that you can watch survivor south pacific online?. I'm really gutted that ozzy didn't win.I guess the pressure was too much to bear.It seems he had a large lead but couldn't figure out the damn puzzle. Greatest physical player ever to play the game of survivor.Hope he plays again in the future.

Totally agreed,Ozzie is the greatest Survivor player other than Hantz not to win,the supreme physical specimen.Running out of superlatives for Tarzan/Dolphin man!:D He was so damn close with the puzzle,blew a massive lead.The jury agreed on masse that they would have given him the million bucks if he made the final 3.Do not think he'll return again.

Advertisement