Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor South Pacific [US Pace] [** Spoilers **]

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Ya, finale should be great..

My tip for the win:
    Sophie

well done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

kingtut wrote: »

Overall Winner:
    SOPHIE

I was right also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Thank God Ozzy didn't win. Really dislike the guy >_<. He's just so smug/arrogant.

Sophie ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He is arrogant but he is also the truest survivor thats ever played the game. He provides for the camp and wins damn near every challenge.

If you plonked any former contestant down on an abandoned island all alone, he would be the one to thrive. There is something to be said for that.

Survivor is also a social game though, and he never had the skills or smarts for that aspect. Thats why he never won. You have to super smart, have great social skills or be very very lucky to win. Challenge prowess can only take you so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It was Cochran, Jim and Brandon who voted for Coach to win apparently - the rest of them obviously voted Sophie...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Kirby wrote: »
    He is arrogant but he is also the truest survivor thats ever played the game. He provides for the camp and wins damn near every challenge.

If you plonked any former contestant down on an abandoned island all alone, he would be the one to thrive. There is something to be said for that.

Survivor is also a social game though, and he never had the skills or smarts for that aspect. Thats why he never won. You have to super smart, have great social skills or be very very lucky to win. Challenge prowess can only take you so far.
    Yeah he comes across as having an arrogant persona,with good reason considering how good he is and the way in which he was totally ostracised on his return to the game post RI.He appears to be a bit of a loner,could have tried harder with his social game.Having said all that his unequalled physical prowess would have won it for him if he'd won that last immunity challenge as he had the jury's votes in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Ended up not caring who won in the end. Too many people coasted to the end. None of the final 6 Upolo tribe actually played at any point. Both Albert & Sophie talked....but did nothing. Coach obviously pushed the "family" and "loyalty" aspect one step too far.

Hopefully the one camp angle is interesting next season. Hopefully there are actual players rather than people who want to be on TV / holiday. Jim had it right - there needs to be people who are there to win rather than to make it to the next day.

🤪

It was Cochran, Jim and Brandon who voted for Coach to win apparently - the rest of them obviously voted Sophie...

Rick, Edna and Cochran voted for Coach actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Rick, Edna and Cochran voted for Coach actually.

Ok - can't find the link to where I read it was Cochran, Brandon and Jim, so apologies for getting it wrong, was only rehashing what I had heard.
    Do you have a source for where you heard those Rick, Enda and Cochran voted? The one thing that annoys me about the finale, is that I never find out who voted who to win...

Ok - can't find the link to where I read it was Cochran, Brandon and Jim, so apologies for getting it wrong, was only rehashing what I had heard.
    Do you have a source for where you heard those Rick, Enda and Cochran voted? The one thing that annoys me about the finale, is that I never find out who voted who to win...
    Cochran was shown, and Rick/Edna said they did on Rob Cesternino's podcast :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Cochran was shown, and Rick/Edna said they did on Rob Cesternino's podcast :).
    Edna also tweeted that she voted Coach. Brandon said in post finale interview that his vote was bitter and for Sophie.
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/12/survivor-south-pacifics-brandon-hantz-it-was-a-bitter-vote.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

It said Cochran, Brandon and Jim on wiki a few days ago. It's been changed to R, E and C since.

Coeus wrote: »
    Edna also tweeted that she voted Coach. Brandon said in post finale interview that his vote was bitter and for Sophie.
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/12/survivor-south-pacifics-brandon-hantz-it-was-a-bitter-vote.html

Although the bitter jury works both ways, as Rick's vote for Coach was actually a bitter one as he felt more betrayed by Sophie who he was closer to :P

--

Edit: Thought I'd add this little gem that got edited out :P

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/12/19/survivor-south-pacific-sophie-finale/
    Sophie wrote:
    I was the only one to own up to things. I was just brutally honest with people and didn’t just say what they wanted to hear. Cochran asked me, “What was the best move of the game?” and I immediately said, “Well, it wasn’t yours. Yours sucked!” And, you know, Albert would never say that. Albert would think that was the surest way to lose a jury vote. I could tell the jury didn’t want to be messed around with. They’re not stupid people.

Just added 5 one of a kind items to my ever increasing survivor collection. Anyone like to know what they are ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Just added 5 one of a kind items to my ever increasing survivor collection. Anyone like to know what they are ? :)

Do tell us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watched the finale. I actually kind of liked Coach this season, but he really crashed and burned during the last TC. Glad Ozzie won 100k - despite what you think of the guy, he earned and deserved that money. Fantastic physical player (not so much social).

Felt a bit sorry for Brandon in the finale. Looks like some bridges were burned in his family, and we'll never see that guy again. Can't see him being picked for a returning captain or allstars season - he just wasn't a strong player.

Finally despite being a bit annoying in the show, Cochrane came across really well in the reunion show. Somewhat humble and actually likeable. Unlike Brandon, I do see Cochrane coming back for the next all stars.

Great season overall.

Not sure what this game changing twist next season is all about. Apart from living a bit closer to each other, is it really that different?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Well now that the dust has settled, I'll give my thoughts on the finale. I don't think Sophie is a bad winner, but I definitely feel Coach deserved it more. Like him or not, he should have been the first voted out of the game, but he worked his way into a power alliance that he led all the way to the end. Every person he voted for went home. He was never on the wrong side of the numbers. That's the name of the game at the end of the day. His final TC performance let him down. I think he felt it was already in the bag and wasn't prepared for the animosity towards him. If you listen to the post-game interviews, Brandon said he wishes he hadn't been so bitter towards Coach, that he should have voted for him. I think Brandon probably swayed the jury a bit. I'm just glad Ozzy didn't win. A lot of people here seem to like him, but for me, it should never just be about physicality. I wouldn't watch the show if it was. I'm glad that we can wave goodbye to Redemption Island and get back to good old fashioned Survivor. I was willing to give it a chance, but I really don't think it brought anything positive to the game.

South Pacific was a decent season. Good cast, but a bit predictable post merge, and way too much Jesus-freakery going on. As for One World, I'm looking forward to it. Think it's a really interesting idea. The chance of cross tribe alliances should be interesting, and it will be fascinating to see how the game is played when everything is out in the open, no secrets between tribes.

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Do tell us :D

I have:

1) Upolu Tribal Mat
    2) Pole and Statue used during Semhars redemption Island dual against Christine
    3) Signed photo of all of the cast of Season 2 (Australia)
    4) Set of signed cards from season 1 and 2 (only three of these sets were made)
    5) 8 of the survivor passes from season 8 - all stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I have:

1) Upolu Tribal Mat
    3) Signed photo of all of the cast of Season 2 (Australia)
    4) Set of signed cards from season 1 and 2 (only three of these sets were made)
    5) 8 of the survivor passes from season 8 - all stars.

How much did it all set you back? All from the ebay auction I presume?

How much did it all set you back? All from the ebay auction I presume?

Only the first two were from the official auction (mentioned at the end of the finale)

1) Upolu Tribal Mat - €360
    €300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

I thought the finale was great, Ozzy so so close to the biggest underdog victory since Terry nearly won Exile Island!

Coach's end game has been falling apart since he voted out Cochran, clearly didnt really take much on board from what Boston Rob did the season before, solid game, with two goats beside you equals 1 million!

Albert never looked likely to win either, and I think he was stupid not to vote out Sophie at 5, having said for awhile that she was a threat!

Well done to Sophie though, she rode an emotional storm and then came back hard, great to see her call Coach a little girl at final tribal!

Glad Ozzy won Fan Fav, and hopefully in the final every season he comes back to play as he really is an amazing player!

Looking forward Cochran and Brandon will be back, hopefully not a Hantz vs Hantz season, him and the wife have seemingly split also.

One World should be good, different dynamics will be fun to watch played out!

Advertisement