Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint Peeling off garden wall

• 11-08-2011 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a standard block built garden wall which I got plastered a couple of years ago. I've painted over the plaster, but during the very cold spells during the last 2 winters, the paint has blistered badly in places and peeled. Where the garden wall runs next to the side of the house, the damage has been minor, but where the garden wall is more open to the
    elements, it's been a complete strip it down and repaint it job. The underlying plaster, doesn't appear to be damaged in anyway. The wall isn't capped, so my question is whether capping the wall will remove the problem, or is there a simpler solution, where I can apply something on top of the plaster, before painting the wall again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Sounds like water getting down behind the film of paint. Capping would eliminate the problem if this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Theprogardener

Use a power washer to remove remaining paint. Render the wall with colored plaster and do put a capping on the wall. You can pick nearly any color you like too. No more painting of walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 superchip

id agree with happy man

Advertisement