Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockawalky Co Longford

Options
  • 11-08-2011 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭

Hi;
    I'm trying to do a bit of research on this place and wondering would anyone be able to help.
    I'm wondering what parish it is/was in? Is there any old graveyards there or where would the nearest one be? Does it have a library or anywhere that would have old photos, of the school in particular.
    Have looked at it on Google maps but there doesn't seem to be much about the place. I am planning on taking a trip down at some stage but if i had any info on it before i left it'd be great!
    It seems to only be a very small place so I know this is a long shot!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Hi;
    I'm trying to do a bit of research on this place and wondering would anyone be able to help.
    I'm wondering what parish it is/was in? Is there any old graveyards there or where would the nearest one be? Does it have a library or anywhere that would have old photos, of the school in particular.
    Have looked at it on Google maps but there doesn't seem to be much about the place. I am planning on taking a trip down at some stage but if i had any info on it before i left it'd be great!
    It seems to only be a very small place so I know this is a long shot!
    Thanks

Its some houses and a school. Thats it. Only a townland and part of the Templemichael and Ballymacormack parish (which is the Longford town parish, therefore the parish church is the Catherdral). However, the nearest church and graveyard is probably either Newtoenforbes or Ennybegs. Not even a shop there, so your best bet will be the library in town I would imagine.

Why the interest in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Thanks, it gives me something to go on!!

Reserching some family history, they hailed from there.

Advertisement