Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Eircom Handset

Options
  • 11-08-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but i have a query i need answered,

My Eircom Cordless handset is broken and i was about to replace it with a different handset but on my newest bill i noticed that i pay money each billing period for my handset rental

Does that mean if i need a new one i need to contact eircom? or if i replace it myself do i still need to pay the rental for the current one?

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

stowney27 wrote: »
    Hi,

My Eircom Cordless handset is broken and i was about to replace it with a different handset but on my newest bill i noticed that i pay money each billing period for my handset rental

Does that mean if i need a new one i need to contact eircom? or if i replace it myself do i still need to pay the rental for the current one?

Hi stowney27,

If you PM your tel number eircom can sent out a pre-paid jiffy bag that you can place the faulty phone into and send it back. Once we receive tha the phone back we will delete it of the account.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2 resting

stowney27, make sure you return the phone. I've been charged rental for a phone for the past 18 months which I don't have at all. Never noticed when I transferred back to Eircom that they had included a charge for rental. Only recently copped it as I had a massive bill and went through the itemised bill. I had been an Eircom customer in the past and was fed up with how slow they dealt with problems. The phone I had been renting was damaged and they were taking so long to get back to me I ended up getting another phone. Subsequently I switched to Perlico and some time later switched back and never noticed that they had started charging me for the phone again. Their customer service represenative told me I cannot be re-imbursed for this charge. I never returned the broken phone as they told me way back then to bin it. Nobody ever sent me a jiffy bag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

stowney27 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi stowney27,

Apologies, I should of clarified I need your eircom landline telephone number to access your account.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement