Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GMIT cluain mhuire

Options
  • 11-08-2011 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey guys.
    I'm moving up to Galway in the next few weeks and I'm startin college in the cluain mhuire campus. Did anyone who went to that campus live in the Glason campus? Did they have any issues with transport or anything?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Loads of first years always live in Glasan. It's about a 15-20 minute walk, but you can get a bus from outside GMIT that will bring you to the G hotel/Eye cinema and it's only a few minute walk from there. But I wouldn't recommend it as the traffic in Galway is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Keelman91

Hey there!,hope this thread is still alive lol , heading up to gmit chluain mhuire myself for art and design in a few weeks so im also looking for an ole house to stay in,who wants to get a house with me? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Anne01

Keelman91 wrote: »
    Hey there!,hope this thread is still alive lol , heading up to gmit chluain mhuire myself for art and design in a few weeks so im also looking for an ole house to stay in,who wants to get a house with me? haha

hi keelman91 i am also moving 2 galway soon 2 do art and design in gmit i already have my accomodation sorted living in a house on college road its 5min walk 2 the college its pretty good id advise looking in that area the distance is pretty perfect best of luck with the house hunting :)

Hi anne! :) ,ohhh cool!,you excited to start ? :) ,yeah im having a bit of trouble finding places,there kinda scarce it seems :D but yeah hopefully i might be getting a place on college road too,just waiting for some1 to get back to me about it ,thanks :) see you in college ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

If you're going to Cluain Mhuire and are looking for accommodation, wellpark, lough atalia and college road are probably the handiest as student accommodation is pretty far away.

• Advertisement

xo.mary wrote: »
    If you're going to Cluain Mhuire and are looking for accommodation, wellpark, lough atalia and college road are probably the handiest as student accommodation is pretty far away.

Yup have checked out them areas,lotsa places only renting to groups and that,.something will turn up,.laid back and lazy :D:pac:

Hi anne! :) ,ohhh cool!,you excited to start ? :) ,yeah im having a bit of trouble finding places,there kinda scarce it seems :D but yeah hopefully i might be getting a place on college road too,just waiting for some1 to get back to me about it ,thanks :) see you in college ^^

ya i cant wait :D .. ya once the CAO is out everything gets picked up pretty quickly im sure you'll find somewhere though :) .. neighbours? :P haha maybe :L .. do you have any idea when we will be hearing from the college about enrolment? :)

Anne01 wrote: »
    ya i cant wait :D .. ya once the CAO is out everything gets picked up pretty quickly im sure you'll find somewhere though :) .. neighbours? :P haha maybe :L .. do you have any idea when we will be hearing from the college about enrolment? :)
    Yeah think i have somewhere sorted just on college road actually now :) yeah maybe :L ,.ummm,no idea tbh but i doubt they will leave us high and dry!,prob will get something in the mail this week maybe :)

Yeah think i have somewhere sorted just on college road actually now :) yeah maybe :L ,.ummm,no idea tbh but i doubt they will leave us high and dry!,prob will get something in the mail this week maybe :)

woo neighbours it is then!! :P ... okay well thanks :) .. think im moving up this week sometime because the girls im living with are starting college pretty early and will be paying rent anyway.... from what i can see online think we may be starting the 12th so should hear anytime before then :D thanks tho :)

Anne01 wrote: »
    woo neighbours it is then!! :P ... okay well thanks :) .. think im moving up this week sometime because the girls im living with are starting college pretty early and will be paying rent anyway.... from what i can see online think we may be starting the 12th so should hear anytime before then :D thanks tho :)

haha hopefully!,still have nowhere sorted :O :D ..going up tomorrow to view a place or two so heres hoping :) ,ahhh cool cool :D ,12th it is i spose so :) ,.your welcome ^^ :pac:

• Advertisement

haha hopefully!,still have nowhere sorted :O :D ..going up tomorrow to view a place or two so heres hoping :) ,ahhh cool cool :D ,12th it is i spose so :) ,.your welcome ^^ :pac:

Okay Dokey!!! :D ... well i supose ill be seeing you soon ;)

Yups i guess so :):D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Do_Lers

Hey there,
    Yea I lived in Glasan for first year I was going to college in Cluain Mhuire. I was coming up from the deep south!! didnt really have a clue what I was at!! Its a dump and they will rob you of your deposit even if you have 25 polski cleaners scrubbing the place before you leave. Its a really grim looking place BUT but youll meet people alright. I wrote down on my app form if I could be housed with other Cluain Mhuire heads (not quite like that but ya get me) and so a bunch of us crusties were lumped together to walk the arduous 30 min to Cluain Mhuire together. Still mates today a good few years after graduating. We got houses in Riverside then for the other years. theres a short cut im sure youll find, after you pass the space ship church go straight until you hit football grounds cut through there then hop the wall at the back of the college, some of my best memories/friend were made/found in CM

D

Anyone still looking for accomodation I have a double room available,nice house,rent aint bad,need another housemate asap as one person had to drop out and am now a tad stuck,.suitable for gmit students,send on a pm if interested pleease :)

Advertisement