Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for "racism"

Options
  • 11-08-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

I was banned for calling black people blacks, which apparently is a racial slur? also i said that the states in america with the highest crime rates have majority black populations(which is true) The mod which banned me was super rush.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hi jugger0,
    jugger0 wrote: »
    I was banned for calling black people blacks, which apparently is a racial slur? also i said that the states in america with the highest crime rates have majority black populations(which is true) The mod which banned me was super rush.
    This isn't quite accurate, though, is it?

This was the post which finally triggered the ban:
    jugger0 wrote: »
    Emiko wrote: »
    So, it's illegal immigrants who are rioting and looting?
    He probably ment to say black people, as where ever large groups of blacks congregate trouble is not far away, any city in the world with a large population of black people has a high crime rate and thats a fact.

inb4racism

Mod: User banned.
    So we have a sweeping generalisation about black people and trouble / crime, not "I called black people blacks".

It would appear from the "inb4racism" bit that you were well aware that your post would be perceived as racist, yet you still made the conscious choice to post it.

This is the relevant excerpt from the AH charter:
    AH charter wrote:
    Zero tolerance will be shown to posts containing racism or discrimination. This includes the travelling community. Please do not use this forum to incite hatred.

You are, of course, entitled to your personal opinion, but Boards as a privately owned website has absolutely no obligation to give you a platform to promote or publish those opinions when they conflict with the general site guidelines or the local forum charters (or, indeed, both).

I see no reason not to uphold this ban. If you wish to escalate and ask an Admin to take a look at it, that is of course your right.

Advertisement