Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form A1 - Company Capital

Options
  • 11-08-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I can't seem to find an answer to this question.

Is there a minimum share capital for a private limited company, i.e. can I have a €100 total authorised share value with 100 shares at €1 each?

Cheers,
    E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

No there is no minimum, but it is usually a good idea to set the authorised share capital to a high figure. In this way you are free to issue more shares later on without having to amend the memo and articles of the company to do so.

Kind Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 35 emcnamee

Great. One question though. Say I go for a million shares of €1 each and the company goes insolvent and is wound up. What way is the liability sorted? Shareholders are liable to the extent of unpaid shares. I'm confused with this statement.

Cheers,
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭NCG

That would be issued, but unpaid, shares. As DBRAN says, you should have a reasonable authorised share capital to facilitate future change. It would be common for a small company to have an authorised capital of €100,000 with only €100 issued (as you are suggesting).

Advertisement