Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel insurance query

Options
  • 11-08-2011 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

I have a joint multitrip policy for my wife and I and it expires on 20th of september. We will both be in the states from the 16th untill then with my wife returning on the 20th and I come back the 25th. Will the policy cover me until the 25th seeing as my trip started during the cover period? I know I can renew but its very unlikely we will be having a foreign trip in 2012 and if we are I would prefer to start a new policy before that trip. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

cover is for the defined period. Anything beyond renewal date will NOT be covered.

Much the same as starting a car journey at 1130pm on final date of cover and having accident at 230am following morning. No cover there either!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

There is about €20 euro in the difference of renewing your policy versus a policy for the duration of the holiday. You would also have cancellation cover if policy is renewed were you to go away - assuming your policy doesn't charge extra for that cover :rolleyes:

Advertisement