Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Builders' Strike in the 60's??

Options
  • 11-08-2011 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Wondering if anyone can help. My Dad is trying to date a family event which he knows occurred during a widespread builders strike in the 60's... I've googled and can't find anything concrete.. would anyone know details of such a strike?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

belurani wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone can help. My Dad is trying to date a family event which he knows occurred during a widespread builders strike in the 60's... I've googled and can't find anything concrete.. would anyone know details of such a strike?
    Many thanks

Just from memory I can tell you that 1969 was huge year for strikes in Dublin. I think I remember that the Corporation workers - binmen and construction - were at the centre of much of it. Not crossing picket lines meant that many jobs shut down. Maybe you could check this.

Advertisement