Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place/site for a nz whv

Options
  • 11-08-2011 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

whats the best site to use seen a few online and prices vary if/when i get approved how long will the visa take to arrive to my door ? planning going in april 2 aukland . 1 year whv .

have accom sorted from family so i know about the 4200 nzd n the bank b4 i apply any other info i need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Plz n txt spk.

But funny enough the offical NZ website is usually the quickest and cheapest place to get it http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/
    if you are going in april 2012 then you have plenty of time - doesn't take long to get

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

cool thanks :)

mine took 48 hours to be approved.
    Nothing comes to your door. Just print out the email confirmation but i never needed it anyway.
    As soon as they scan your passport they know you have the visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭HardyBuckFan

ye just apply online yourself, tis the cheapest and had mine approved within 2 days, flying from dublin to auckland with etihad on sep 14th so will be there in time for the aussie rugby game,
    i've heard a few rumours that its free drink on the etihad flights
    can anyone confirm or disconfirm this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

May as well pop the question in here. Thinkin of going to nz in October after oz. Do you get a 30 day holiday visa first and can you apply for a whv while in the country?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭elementalwater

I got my visa in 12 hours. Very quick. Think you need to apply before you arrive for WHV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Looks like you can taken from above site
    To be eligible

You must:

have a passport from the Republic of Ireland that‘s valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
    be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old
    not bring children with you
    hold a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket*
    have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you’re here
    meet our health and character requirements
    be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work or study being secondary intentions for your visit
    not have been approved a visa under a Working Holiday Scheme before.

AND

If you are already in New Zealand you also need to hold a valid temporary visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Slunk wrote: »
    May as well pop the question in here. Thinkin of going to nz in October after oz. Do you get a 30 day holiday visa first and can you apply for a whv while in the country?
    if you do not have a WHV then they will need to see proof you are leaving the country within the 30 day hol visa, you will not be allowed to board the plane in Australia unless you have a flight out of NZ to a country where you have a valid visa
    trust me on this, i had awful trouble about a month ago with the whole thing!

Ah that's a bad one. Would a return to oz satisfy them even though my visa in oz would be up. Don't wanna fork out for a flight from nz to Ireland if i am gonna get a whv. Just want to go over and see how things are before i apply for the whv.
    Would proof of funds to buy a ticket not be enough?

Edit: just re read the bit about valid visa. Sorry. If that's the case, how does the oz tourist visa work. Granted on landing or apply before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

ye just apply online yourself, tis the cheapest and had mine approved within 2 days, flying from dublin to auckland with etihad on sep 14th so will be there in time for the aussie rugby game,
    i've heard a few rumours that its free drink on the etihad flights
    can anyone confirm or disconfirm this

Most long haul flights have free drinks, they might just be a little slow topping you up again though!

• Advertisement

IF you are only planning on holidaying in NZ for less than 3 months are travelling on an Irish Passport with a return ticket leaving within 3months you DONOT need a Visa. As long as you are holidaying (AND this STRICTLY means holidaying, not hopping to work under the table, cause you wont get under the table work.)

Like i said. Id be holidaying first and if i liked it apply for the visa but didn't wanp to waste a flight if i was staying as id already be forfeiting my return from oz to Ireland if i went to nz in October.

Like i said. Id be holidaying first and if i liked it apply for the visa but didn't wanp to waste a flight if i was staying as id already be forfeiting my return from oz to Ireland if i went to nz in October.

Have you already booked your flights?
    Maybe you could look at a round the world ticket with a leg from Oz to NZ then onto Ireland from there?
    Some tickets can also have the option (for a fee) of postponing your return date. here for if you decide to stay on in NZ you could postpone the return leg by another 12months?
    Just a suggestion.

My flight to Ireland is already booked and have been told i have to use it before the year ends from when i flew the first leg.

I may just go home for Christmas and come back with a return for one month then change it to a year if a apply. PRobably not the best time to judge the place either with the RWC on. Thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭HardyBuckFan

kiwipower wrote: »
    Most long haul flights have free drinks, they might just be a little slow topping you up again though!

ta very much, mite help me sleep on the long flight, roll on auckland,to stay for a year or not, that is the question!

Advertisement