Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O Connell Street to UCD campus Anyone Know Bus times etc

Options
  • 11-08-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi I want to get a bus from O Connell street to UCD tomorro which bus is it thanks !! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

46a will get you there. get it at the bus stop at the corner of o connell street and sackville place

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

46a will get you there. get it at the bus stop at the corner of o connell street and sackville place
    Will it ok thanks isnt it every 10 or 15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭barrmur

Yip every 10 minutes or so. If you cross O connell bridge you can also get the 145 or 39a, outside the Centra/Spar shop. All go every 10 minutes or so. The 39a will drop you in the campus where as the other 2 will drop you on the far side of the UCD fly over on the Stillorgan road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Really? FFS

www.dublinbus.ie !!!!!!!!!

Very informative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Will it ok thanks isnt it every 10 or 15 mins

at peak times the 46a runs every couple of minutes afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

dfbemt wrote: »
    Really? FFS

www.dublinbus.ie !!!!!!!!!

Very informative.

Yes for your information I did look at that. But as I dont know Dublin very well I wasnt familiar with the names of certain places!

Yes for your information I did look at that. But as I dont know Dublin very well I wasnt familiar with the names of certain places!

Eh, like O'Connell St to UCD. LMAO

www.dublinbus.ie has a great search facility. It is designed that way for people who may not be familiar with the names of certain places.

You type in where you want to go from (O'Connell St) and where you want to go to (UCD) and hey presto.........

Please........

• Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where in UCD?

For Architecture or anything else in Richview, the number 11 may be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

Eh, like O'Connell St to UCD. LMAO

www.dublinbus.ie has a great search facility. It is designed that way for people who may not be familiar with the names of certain places.

You type in where you want to go from (O'Connell St) and where you want to go to (UCD) and hey presto.........

Please........

If you don't want to help, feel free not to read the thread or reply.

markpb wrote: »
    If you don't want to help, feel free not to read the thread or reply.

No problem, thanks. I read the thread with the intention of helping but when you see how lazy some people can be it just results in an obvious response. Really, www.dublinbus.ie is a great site and has all the information needed.

However I feel you should leave the modding to the mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

No problem, thanks. I read the thread with the intention of helping but when you see how lazy some people can be it just results in an obvious response. Really, www.dublinbus.ie is a great site and has all the information needed.

The DB site is awful and the route planner is worse. Let me show you why. First attachment: you must know to use Lower or Upper O'Connell St, not just O'Connell St. Second attachment: which of those UCD stops does the OP want and where are they? Is there a map where I can find out where stpop 765 is? Third attachment, having selected O'Connell St and UCD, it tells me there are no routes. It doesn't tell me that if I had selected a stop right beside the one I chose, it would have worked. It just flat out fails.

Secondly, if the OP had used DB site instead of here, they wouldn't have been told by Victor that the 11 might suit them better than the 46a.

Thirdly, depending on the route, the DB site returns rubbish results. For my old commute, it's first suggestion was a bus that ran 4 times a day instead of a bus that ran every 20-30 minutes. If you enter Lower O'Connel St to UCD Campus, the DB site only suggests the 2, not the 46a (attachment 4).

Lastly, if the DB site did suggest a route and the OP viewed the route map, it would be wrong if the bus he wanted was any minor diversion of the main route. Show me a route map for the 75v, for example?

Great site my ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the two of you, stop acting like children please.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

Yeah, the Dublin bus website is annoying for many of the reasons outlined above, especially for those of us not from Dublin. I will be getting the 11 bus into UCD, is the Joyce Library far from where it leaves you off?(on the Clonskeagh Rd. I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

Yeah, it's almost at the other end of campus to the Clonskeagh gate. Just walk in the gate and keep walking in a straight line. At a decent walking pace it'll take you about 15 minutes.

Advertisement