Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreambox DM 800

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

yes. if you are in business you have to pay VAT. is this not obvious to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I thought if you earned under 10 grand a year you could deregister from paying it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

thinking of buying a Dreambox 800SE from him anyone got one of these and how do you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭t c

You ALWAYS have to pay VAT. There is VAT on everything you buy. But if you are in business for yourself and earn under a certain amount, (not sure how much, check with an accountant), you do not have to register for VAT and therefore do not have to CHARGE VAT on work done or pay the VAT to the Revenue.

TC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

yes, but if you are in business you HAVE to be registered. A business name AT LEAST.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ubuntulinux

samuelj wrote: »
    Does anyone have a DM 800? Looking to purchase one this week.

Is it worth chancing a clone? best place to get it?

cheers for any advice.

www.aliexpress.com/store/802066

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I'm in the same both I think I will go with satboxes.com and from my research on other forums the DM800SE is the one to go for as it has faster boot time due to faster processor and larger fan which keeps the unit cool. Plus if you buy it from satboxes you'll have no need to worry about getting hit with customs. I'm just waiting for clarification on the tuner which is a BCM I might get the ALPS 801A M tuner as it has a F connector loop through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Pinklady11

shblob wrote: »
    yes, but if you are in business you HAVE to be registered. A business name AT LEAST.

You only need to be registered if you want to open a bank account in the company name. Being registered has nothing to do with paying VAT.

Seems to me you have something against Satboxes.com yet you don't mention having ever done business with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

this seems like a good deal !

http://satboxes.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=44

(in fact if someone wants to make me a decent offer for my genuine DM500HD I'll buy that one my self :) )

(BTW, nothing wrong with my box, its in perfect condition, just I aslways liked the little screen on the front :D )

anyways, after using the genuine boxes AND a clone one for my dad, I reckon as long as you are careful about what image you put on your clone box, then you cant really go wrong with them !

Advertisement