Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting agent failed to uphold agreement

Options
  • 11-08-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I agreed to move in to an apartment and signed a contract. The letting agent agreed to complete a snag list before I move in. This will not be completed on time as agreed.
    Where do I stand? Is there anything I can ask for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

Well, what are you after and are these things significant that need fixing (<- mostly for my curiosity)

If you have an agreement in writing with the agent that includes issues to be addressed before you move in, you could pull out.

If this date is immanent and your plans are set around it, then I suggest you get something in writing that these things will be addressed asap, before you move in. You could then, after a "reasonable time frame", take more aggressive action if necessary. Such as get it fixed yourself taking the full cost out of your rent - be very clear of your intentions before you do this and keep full documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭captainbirdseye

I'm just looking for some sort of guarantee that the work will be done asap. Some cracked tiles and dirty carpets remain undone. There was two weeks between signing and moving in so I can't see a reason for it not being done.
    Thanks for your advice.

Advertisement