Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast in Drogheda

Options
  • 11-08-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭

Will be passing through Drogheda this weekend early morning. Wondering if there are any good cafe's around for Breakfast. Preferably near to the Bus Station. Also in case I might need to stay over one night, could anyone suggest a reasonable hotel again close to the bus station.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Will be passing through Drogheda this weekend early morning. Wondering if there are any good cafe's around for Breakfast. Preferably near to the Bus Station. Also in case I might need to stay over one night, could anyone suggest a reasonable hotel again close to the bus station.

Cross the rd from the bus station towards the town , turn onto john street ( xtra vision is on the corner ) and go to the salt house . They do a lovely breakfast crep ! If thats not your cup of tea go 3 mins up the street towards Bia . They do a lovely old school fry with soda bread etc . Its €5 friday in town so loads of bargains to be had . Hotel wise the d hotel is around the corner from Bia and just round the corner for the bus station .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

The Westcourt hotel is on West St, which isn't too far from the bus station either.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Didnt a couple of people say on the Drogheda Restaurant Reviews thread that the cafe beside the cinema in the Boyne shopping centre does the best fry up in town. Must check it out myself sometime

I reckon Smithstown diner do the best breakfast in the north east (if not the whole feckin' country!). 'Smithstown special' as they call it, is absolutely gorgeous.

EDIT: Woops. just copped the Bus Station comment. Apparently the West Court do lovely food alright. I've heard lots of nice things about their food, but I've never actually ate there myself, so can't make any personal comments on them.

Burke's, on Peter Street, do nice food, but I've never gottena breakfast off them (I've only really ever ate there in the afternoons when I'd be getting burgers/chips/eggs and that kinda thing).

I'm writing this post with a fry-up in mind though. Not sure what kinda breakfast you'd be on the lookout for.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Burke's, on Peter Street, do nice food, but I've never gottena breakfast off them (I've only really ever ate there in the afternoons when I'd be getting burgers/chips/eggs and that kinda thing).

+1 for Burkes. Altough you do seem to get more in the mixed grill option so might be best to ask for that instead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement