Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB stick modem "Cannot connect to page"

• 11-08-2011 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

(Originally posted in Vodafone forum, but no-one's responding there...)

Hi - I hope someone here can help me....
    I've got a Vodafone USB stick modem & am trying to use it with my laptop.
    I plug the stick into a USB port, the software installs and starts up, I get a 'good' (sometimes 'excellent') quality connection...
    but I can't access the internet.
    Any attempt to browse any page results in the 'Cannot display web page' error.

I've studied many threads on this site and others looking for clues and possible solutions, but so far nothing I've tried has any effect.

I want to try and quit using my ADSL router & be totally independant, but at this stage, it looks like I'll be stuck with internet browsing while at home, not elsewhere.

I know a fair bit about computers overall, but comms. has always been a black box to me, so I need to have my hand held with any attempts at diagnosing the problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Don't cross post to multiple forums, and it doesn't belong here anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement