Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spider Capo

• 11-08-2011 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

It's an individual string capo for guitar and bass...anyone ever play with one and have any feedback?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 veee

I saw these a while back and was wondering the same thing, might be good for open tunings but strings are tuned down for open tunings and the capo would raise the notes iinstead so would create a higher register for singers. Might be awkward to play slide with one too. Never tried one but would buy one just to try it out need to hear from some one who has one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

I've used one.

They don't work, they rattle and buzz and constantly come loose and are a pain in the ass to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JoeB37

FlipFlop23 wrote: »
    It's an individual string capo for guitar and bass...anyone ever play with one and have any feedback?

funny, I use one alot and I dont find it hard to use at all. No rattles etc...kinda cool actually. deaddonkey either got a bad one or...something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JoeB37

veee wrote: »
    I saw these a while back and was wondering the same thing, might be good for open tunings but strings are tuned down for open tunings and the capo would raise the notes iinstead so would create a higher register for singers. Might be awkward to play slide with one too. Never tried one but would buy one just to try it out need to hear from some one who has one?

i think alot of folk, me included, keep their guitar tuned down a 1/2 or whole step anyway. So this just capos up from there. I know Ovation makes a guitar that ships down a whole step down and some string makers are producing sets for this purpose now too.

I already said spidercapo works for me, but I dont play slide-couldnt answer about that.

Advertisement