Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asian food shop in KK?

Options
  • 11-08-2011 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Is there an asian food shop around these parts other than Wongs? I'm thinking similar to the Oriental Emporium in Dublin for those who know it. Specifically looking for big bags of jasmine rice as the supermarkets charge a fortune for the tiny bags, when they even have those.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Halal Centre in Irishtown might be worth a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Beside the library in Loughboy there's an Asian Shop

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fraido

The shop beside the library in Loughboy isn't asian, its eastern european.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Don't know any aside from Wong's.

Funny story actually, I went into Wong's a few months ago looking for Doubanjiang and the ignoramus Irish woman at the counter just gave me the dirtiest look ever and said "Whats tha!!? Is tha foreign or something?!".

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toitle

Hello,could you tell me what street Wong's is on please?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

toitle wrote: »
    Hello,could you tell me what street Wong's is on please?

John's St.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭janmc

Only saw these replies a few days ago, not sure how I missed them! Thanks to all. I tried the halal shop in Irishtown yesterday, but it was closed for Friday prayers so still haven't any result. I'll try Loughboy later too and report back for future reference.

Edit: D'oh, just read Fraido's reply in full. Ah well, the search continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 spezi

shortis wong used to do big bags of yasmin rice, just ask in the shop.
    there is also a similar shop in coach rd, next to little ghost gallery (by St Cannice's Cathedral) as far as I recall.

Advertisement