Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waxing regrowth on bikini line

• 11-08-2011 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I've been getting my bikini line waxed for some time now and I go to a reputable place which uses good quality wax. The first 2 weeks after the wax are usually fine but the regrowth period really gets to me.

When the hair is growing back I, (a) get a fair amount of ingrowns (which I'm assuming are infected because they turn red) and (b) the whole area generally looks red and sore. Not very attractive to say the least! It really really gets to me! I exfoliate every day (to the point of where it is actually a bit sore to do so) and follow this with a moisturiser. But still the area just looks ugly!

I've tried 'Ingrow Go' which worked to a certain extent but I found it was drying out the skin.

A beautician recommended tea-tree oil as it has natural anti-bacterial properties (to prevent the ingrowns getting infected). Is it safe to apply tea tree oil directly onto the skin? Or does anyone know of any other treatments.

I get my legs waxed as well and the appearance of the regrowth is generally not a problem.

Does anyone else have this problem ever??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I'm not sure about the moisturiser after exfoliating cos that might block the pores and make the ingrowns worse. Have you ever tried getting the lycon wax? I find i get way less ingrown hairs with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Tea-tree oil is one of the few (the only?) essential oil that can be applied directly to the skin. But on such a sensitive spot, I'd recommend you do a patch test first, probably on your inner elbow.

Tea tree is an antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-fungicide & anti-viral wonder oil! A first aid kit in a small bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

Superdrug in Santry Dublin and some of the larger Boots stores sell a serum/ gel product by Nad's that contains Salycylic (?) acid that exfoliates the area and also has aloe vera in it which lightly moisturises. I apply after my daily shower. It is so gentle, there is no stinging or irritation. Cheap enough too at about 9 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

The girl I went to the last time said that I should dilute some dettol/savlon in some water and wipe the area down when I can.

I exfoliate like a mad woman so my bikini area isn't too bad after waxing. But it may not work for everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

SarahJ wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the moisturiser after exfoliating cos that might block the pores and make the ingrowns worse. Have you ever tried getting the lycon wax? I find i get way less ingrown hairs with it!

Totally agree! the moisturizer will just clog the pores op.

• Advertisement
Advertisement