Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing a gun, help/ info needed

Options
  • 11-08-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Iv found a great deal on a gun i want to buy, but its in england. Does anyone have any info they could give on the steps needed to import this gun. I know there is a seperate EU firearms importing form aswell as the regular firearms application that i have to fill in. But this is the only solid info that i can find.
    I have emailed a few uk dealers who have the offer and the said that they can only ship the gun to a RFD up north. Is this the norm for people who import guns into ireland. Or do some UK dealers ship directly to a RFD in the south of ireland. Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

duffyer wrote: »
    Iv found a great deal on a gun i want to buy, but its in england. Does anyone have any info they could give on the steps needed to import this gun. I know there is a seperate EU firearms importing form aswell as the regular firearms application that i have to fill in. But this is the only solid info that i can find.
    I have emailed a few uk dealers who have the offer and the said that they can only ship the gun to a RFD up north. Is this the norm for people who import guns into ireland. Or do some UK dealers ship directly to a RFD in the south of ireland. Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Did this myself a couple months back when I bought a rifle from a private seller in the uk.
    I got In touch with my dealer here who has his contact dealer in the north. The uk seller put his rifle into his dealer who sent it to the northern dealer.
    My dealer then arranged the import from the north all took 3 weeks.
    I paid all the carriage charges.
    And I had the substitution license ready for when my dealer got the rifle in from the northern dealer cos I had the serial number of the rifle.

Total cost was about €100 for carriage and dealer fees

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭duffyer

So thats the process, england-the north-the south. How much did the handling charges come to in the end?

Ha Ha never mind!! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

If the UK dealer will ship nnd get the exported sorted then you can go that way.

Its just that the dealer that my private seller used did not want to do the export paperwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I imported a rifle from the North 11 years ago.
    And I imported 2 jogs of ammo last year.

Pure simple

Hardest part is getting licence down here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I arranged for the sale of a classic rifle from a dealer here in UK directly to the new owner, who also happens to be a dealer, in Naul.

There seemed to be no problems of any kind, and the deal went quickly and without a hitch. Give John a call at Fingal outdoor sports, and tell him I sent you -

sales@fingalsports.com

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭duffyer

Cheers for the info lads.

Advertisement