Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Cistern Cover?

• 11-08-2011 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

Our toilet cistern was tilled over a few years ago but when it needed to be repaired I had to break the tiles to remove the screwed on wooden cover (thanks stupid builder!).

Now that it is working again I want to get some sort of cover for it but nothing permanent like before. It needs to be able to slide on and off.

I've attached pics of what it looks like now. Any suggestions of where to start looking? I've tried woodies etc but nothing jumped out as being suitable. Prefer white pvc if I could get something.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvD4pxg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

BrianjG wrote: »
    Prefer white pvc if I could get something.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvD4pxg

Bit of Pvc fascia would probably do the job for you, cheap and quick anyway.

If it was me, a small piece of black granite or marble would look a lot better and match your tiles. I know it would be a little more expensive, but its only a small piece you need and it would look a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Davy wrote: »
    Bit of Pvc fascia would probably do the job for you, cheap and quick anyway.

If it was me, a small piece of black granite or marble would look a lot better and match your tiles. I know it would be a little more expensive, but its only a small piece you need and it would look a lot better.

where would you suggest I go for something like that. A diy place or does it need to be someone specific. I assume that can cut it etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

BrianjG wrote: »
    where would you suggest I go for something like that. A diy place or does it need to be someone specific. I assume that can cut it etc.

The pvc fascia can be cut yes any size you like. Some builders providers will have it but not all. Doubt you would get it in woodies or B&Q but im open to correction on that.

If you were going for the other option, it would be cut to the exact size for you. I would make a template out of plywood to exact fit, and bring it in with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

pvc window sill will do the job actually looking i would not be surprised if those tiles are available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

why not get an offcut of worktop for it and just cut to size and set it in. If you really want to you could put a couple of magnetic catches on it so it doesn't slip off..

• Advertisement

pvc window sill will do the job actually looking i would not be surprised if those tiles are available.

looking at the pvc windowsill online they are exactly what I want. Where would can I get these from, a double glazing type place or do diy places have them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

any pvc or window place should have them, also b&q probably would too. You might need to buy a 5m length tho, but I doubt its that expensive.

thanks all, will let you know how I get on.

Advertisement