Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graffiti

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

. Graffiti is just another form of art

Graffiti is cool when you see it on a NY subway or on the side of as house in Belfast.

But if it's on the side of my home, it would be vandalism and I wouldn't hesitate in shoving a spray paint canister up the 'artist's' hairy hole until he coughs up the paint

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Graffiti is cool when you see it on a NY subway or on the side of as house in Belfast.

But if it's on the side of my home, it would be vandalism and I wouldn't hesitate in shoving a spray paint canister up the 'artist's' hairy hole until he coughs up the paint

thing is any decent graffiti artist would put up something on a privately owned house, two reasons, one it means the works life space is shorten even more, two it doesn't exactly help the rep of the graffiti artists. I've only seen doodlers and idiots damage homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

took this a few days ago, it's on one of the backyard doors on the Eglington Canal just up from Róisins... any more recent stuff around?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Unlucky OP, Lodz ultras are Nazi scum.

Get one of these over it
    GAaS8.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Unlucky OP, Lodz ultras are Nazi scum.

Get one of these over it
    GAaS8.jpg?1

sorry BC, what do you mean? are you referring to the scribble on top of the art?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

jkforde wrote: »
    sorry BC, what do you mean? are you referring to the scribble on top of the art?
    According to earlier detective work in this thread, the graffiti relates to the LKS Lodz football team, who's ultras are pretty right-wing as they go.

According to earlier detective work in this thread, the graffiti relates to the LKS Lodz football team, who's ultras are pretty right-wing as they go.

I still don't get you. I posted the image because I like the artistic skill of the drawing of the crying boy. Is it this image which relates to this bunch of ignorants and where in the previous posts in this thread is this referred to?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I still don't get you. I posted the image because I like the artistic skill of the drawing of the crying boy. Is it this image which relates to this bunch of ignorants and where in the previous posts in this thread is this referred to?

He's been talking about the OP (original poster, first post in this thread). Your image requires a link click so it's easily overlooked if you're skipping through the thread from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Seriously you think this (what the OP is referring to) is art
    orangebud wrote: »
    6033010296_d25b22f00d.jpg

6032450873_49f3cc72be.jpg

While I don't like graffiti (anywhere) I can appreciate the work that goes into some of the bits that have been posted here.

Whomever did that vandalism may as well have just painted up a swastika, kkk logo, burning cross take your pick. So encouraging an anti fascist replacement is not in any way unreasonable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

The same plank put his stupid name in several locations on the building where i work, a protected structure that's been in the centre of Galway for many, many years.A huge pain in the ass to remove but i hope he does it again as we'll be more prepared to catch him next time around. This is not street art, if you want examples of that, go down to Pump Lane or the bridge on the Dyke Rd, this is simply vandalism with paint by a complete fool and should not be associated with street art.

FYI, I know this is off Galway City but Dave Fanning just had (Sat 28 1120 ) a good interview with this bunch who are running tours of the graffiti\street art in Dublin: http://www.urbanproductions.ie/tour.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

orangebud wrote: »
    6032450873_49f3cc72be.jpg

Has anyone else seen this tag and what does it mean?

Obviously its the work of a small group of economic activists
    inspired by the 1908 Bezdany raid on the revenue train which
    carried tax revenues out of Poland to Russia.

Never forget.

Advertisement