Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Rent or Not to Rent

Options
  • 11-08-2011 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I don't know if this is the correct place or not, but here goes! We are both pensioners, and pay the NPPR on our former home which we're not able to sell.
    We've been considering renting it out as it's costing us in heating and maintenance etc. To do so we will have to furnish it. Does anybody have any inkling about where we would stand with regards to pensions (I don't have one, I'm included in my husbands),etc. Do we stand to lose more than we would gain? Any comments would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

I think your question is answered in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ClickityClick

Stillwaters, Thanks very much for your reply and guidance to the other site.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

We've been considering renting it out as it's costing us in heating and maintenance etc. To do so we will have to furnish it.

There's a market for unfurnished houses too - wouldn't necessarily have to furnish it.

Advertisement