Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of Ed Sheeran?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

allydylan wrote: »

i like the guy hes very talented and better than half the **** out there now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Blah. He's alright, like. Wouldn't be crazy about him. He reminds me of Plan B.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Heard him play on Jools Holland using a melody line that's been used by a hundred million other british singer songwriters. Couldn't believe he thought he could get away with it in a song but seemingly he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Mr.mojo

The guy is a genius

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Wouldn't describe him as a genus, but definitely a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of the stuff out there at the mo. Check out his album "songs I wrote with Amy". The songs are great IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Mr.mojo

If he was a poor singer he could be a poet..'crumbling like pastries','fingernails the size of a half grain of rice'...its just so original.I was like 'hw the hell did he come up with that!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

He gives people the misguided perception that it's ok to be a ginge ...... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Ohh, him. Blah.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Really fond of he's song "The A Team".
    It's refreshing to see some good lyrical depth and meaning unlike most of the mush that's on the radio these days.
    He has a really nice voice and catchy melodies so he gets a thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

He gives people the misguided perception that it's ok to be a ginge ...... :/

Better than being from Cork though like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

He's superb..

.. just listen to the first two singles from that album - could you pick two more different singles.. that alone is refreshing!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

Basq wrote: »
    He's superb..

.. just listen to the first two singles from that album - could you pick two more different singles.. that alone is refreshing!

love both those songs!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

first two songs brilliant:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shane Mulholland

These days its not very often we get a song with such lyrical depth, while hanging on to a series of memorable, catchy melodys.
    ''A Team'' sets the standard for todays singer/songwriters.

Thanks Ed...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Brilliant album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

He's up and coming like he's f**king in an elevator

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Heard him play on Jools Holland using a melody line that's been used by a hundred million other british singer songwriters. Couldn't believe he thought he could get away with it in a song but seemingly he is.

Yes! Why don't more people see this??

He isn't bringing anything new to the table at all with his music, there have been hundreds like him before, and a lot more were better than him. That song The A Team has about a million catchy hooks in it, but no substance.

Do we need another emotional young man with an affected voice and an acoustic guitar??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Do we need another emotional young man with an affected voice and an acoustic guitar??

You keep bringing them out I'll keep buying their CD's! :)

Gandalph wrote: »
    You keep bringing them out I'll keep buying their CD's! :)

That's the music industry I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Think he is immense!
    His other songs are better than A-Team and You Need Me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

This thread is astonishing!

What exactly is "refreshing" about this guy? From what i've heard so far, he's bland and boring and the lyrics are horrible! How can someone say this guy could be a poet with direct references like "Class A", "Pipe", "go mad for a couple of grams" in The A Team for example? He even says "struggling to pay rent".

It's the kind of song 16 year old girls rave about because they think it's so so deep, but have never actually listened to some proper lyricists and the extent of their lyrical exposure has been Adele! I actually find a lot of that song cringe-worthy.

This is all my opinion by the way. I dont mean to hate on the guy but this is not poetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

He's better than most of the shoite in the charts, but his songs don't grab me. He's young yet, I bet he has a huge future of great songery ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Basically he's just an Olly Murs with a guitar- if you have doubts about this guys 'cred' check out his free style rap with example.

Don't get me wrong, he's a decent pop singer just at the lyrical level of the Saturdays

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Adele

Oh now there's another thread... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

I listened to the album after hearing the two songs and thinking they were pretty okay for a ginge. The rest of the album is pretty meek and on a par with what I imagine a James Blunt album to be like. Can't say I'll be bothered listening to it again.

Can't see the problem with Adele though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I listened to the album after hearing the two songs and thinking they were pretty okay for a ginge. The rest of the album is pretty meek and on a par with what I imagine a James Blunt album to be like. Can't say I'll be bothered listening to it again.

Can't see the problem with Adele though.

For the record I wasn't having a go at Adele. If you read the post again you'll see what I was getting at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I like 'You Need Me' but I have to say, the breathing is so distracting. Its at the stage with that song that when I hear it all I can focus on is the loud intake of breath after every line :/

He needs some lessons from this guy:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Its a brilliant album IMO, that's the beauty of music it's for all different tastes. Seems like a genuine guy aswell, plus he doesn't come from the x factor either so he deserves some respect :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i liked him . . . . . . .but then all the girlo's stated to like him and i got fed up of hearing him played on a phine whilst im on a bus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Markyy

Listen to his collaborations they are some real tunes...

Advertisement