Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of Ed Sheeran?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Markyy wrote: »
    Listen to his collaborations they are some real tunes...

Yeah his EP, Collab No 5 is absolute class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Flash in the pan in my opinion, I can't see enough interest in his music to warrant any notice of him past Christmas. Someone already posted in this thread that it's just another guy with a disaffected voice. Unfortunately this does seem to be the case, anything different from the norm in your voice, and you seem to warrant a recording contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭shannie

Anyone know does he have any albums coming out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

yep he's just released his new album "+".
    There's a deluxe version with 4 extra tracks on both itunes and in HMV.
    Played an amazing show on arthurs day at Whelans

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mr.mojo wrote: »
    If he was a poor singer he could be a poet..'crumbling like pastries','fingernails the size of a half grain of rice'...its just so original.I was like 'hw the hell did he come up with that!!?

Are you taking the piss? I can't tell.
    El Pr0n wrote: »
    That's the music industry I guess.

Yep that's it in a nutshell.
    He's better than most of the shoite in the charts, but his songs don't grab me. He's young yet, I bet he has a huge future of great songery ahead of him.

He's in the charts.
    A V A wrote: »
    i liked him . . . . . . .but then all the girlo's stated to like him and i got fed up of hearing him played on a phine whilst im on a bus

I liked him but then lots of people started to like him so i don't like him anymore. Typical.
    shannie wrote: »
    Anyone know does he have any albums coming out?

Yes yes he'll have many many albums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

lordgoat wrote: »
    Yes yes he'll have many many albums.

Indeed. But investing in one will suffice as they will all be the same album, one after another.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Indeed. But investing in one will suffice as they will all be the same album, one after another.

Fortune Teller perchance ?

Maybe i can get you to give me the lotto numbers ?

listermint wrote: »

4, 14, 15, 26, 30.

I want 25% for the last one.

lordgoat wrote: »
    4, 14, 15, 26, 30.

I want 25% for the last one.

12 % and thats the final offer.

:rolleyes:

I've seen no evidence to suggest that this guy is nothing more than another boring singer songwriter who will fade into obvlivion after an album or so.

His lyrics aren't good and his music isn't original. He will have no longevity! The fact that I am not psychic does not mean I can not predict what what has happened to many singer/songwriters before him will happen to him also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

You Need Me is a tune and a half, as for the other songs.... Ehh... It's just too soft.

I've seen no evidence to suggest that this guy is nothing more than another boring singer songwriter who will fade into obvlivion after an album or so.

His lyrics aren't good and his music isn't original. He will have no longevity! The fact that I am not psychic does not mean I can not predict what what has happened to many singer/songwriters before him will happen to him also!

Your so called 'prediction' looked more like a 'fact of the matter' so I called you on it.

Maybe if you had of predicated it with ' I believe ... or I predict...

rolls eyes etc etc yadda yadda.

BTW the lad has a good voice, delivers his performance quite well and has variation in his acts, vocally so I think he will do well. Longevity who knows? I cant really say that after 1 Album.

Your so called 'prediction' looked more like a 'fact of the matter' so I called you on it.

Maybe if you had of predicated it with ' I believe ... or I predict...

rolls eyes etc etc yadda yadda.

BTW the lad has a good voice, delivers his performance quite well and has variation in his acts, vocally so I think he will do well. Longevity who knows? I cant really say that after 1 Album.

You mean when I gave that opinion you automatically thought I was giving it as fact, as if I was actually able to see into the future and was telling you this was what was really going to happen because I could see it?

You needed me to qualify that with "I believe that..."??

Wow!

In that case i'm glad we're not a fan of the same singer/songwriter!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

In a just world that would be so but a lack of originality and talent didn't stop James Blunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I seen him on Jools Holland a couple of weks back and i was quite impressed, he played the A team. I've since checked him out on you tube and i've lost a lot of my initial liking for him.
    I don't know what it is, his songs seem overly contrived to me. It's all crystal meth this and crack pipe that and it just rings hollow to me. Catchy tunes though, i can see him doing well for himself.

You mean when I gave that opinion you automatically thought I was giving it as fact, as if I was actually able to see into the future and was telling you this was what was really going to happen because I could see it?

You needed me to qualify that with "I believe that..."??

Wow!

In that case i'm glad we're not a fan of the same singer/songwriter!

Who says were not ? This is one example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

James Blunt is class!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

It will be interesting to see where he goes after + tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

i must pick up his album sometime

12 % and thats the final offer.

No no, it's now 30% you really don't know a good deal when it's offered to you.
    Gandalph wrote: »
    James Blunt is class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Why so much hating against a new young singer? I think he is good, he is just starting out really, his first album went straight into the charts so he's got some talent.

Its better than the crap we have to put with most of the time on the radio between lady gaga spouting crap and this dub step sh1t that has appeared lately. And we can all look forward to what ever xfactor craps out this time taking over my drive to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Why so much hating against a new young singer?

Because he's a ginge…

Because he's a ginge…

It could be worse.

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Why so much hating against a new young singer? I think he is good, he is just starting out really, his first album went straight into the charts so he's got some talent.

Its better than the crap we have to put with most of the time on the radio between lady gaga spouting crap and this dub step sh1t that has appeared lately. And we can all look forward to what ever xfactor craps out this time taking over my drive to work.

How can you use the fact hat his album was in the charts as a plus for him, but then use chart music of an indicator of what is sh*t nowadays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 johnwatt

Not a patch on Ben Howard who is similar.

How can you use the fact hat his album was in the charts as a plus for him, but then use chart music of an indicator of what is sh*t nowadays?

I agree, that didnt make sense, my bad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Went to see him in the Olympia for Arthurs Day, him and Aloe Blacc were the only two bands that we wanted to see.

he was fantastic live, a very close sound to his recorded songs which proves he is a good singer without the need for lots of editing and touch ups.

he is playing Vicar Street in November and I would love to go again to see a full set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Overplayed on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I seen him on Jools Holland a couple of weks back and i was quite impressed, he played the A team. I've since checked him out on you tube and i've lost a lot of my initial liking for him.
    I don't know what it is, his songs seem overly contrived to me. It's all crystal meth this and crack pipe that and it just rings hollow to me. Catchy tunes though, i can see him doing well for himself.

As far as I know he got the inspiration for the A-Team when working as a volunteer in a drug rehab center. The song is about a prostitute he knew who went there from time to time but then fell back into doing crack.

At the very least he can say his songwriting comes from real experience rather than just throwing a few buzzwords about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

i love the video for his new song

Advertisement