Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of Ed Sheeran?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

allydylan wrote: »
    i love the video for his new song

Thats cause Rupert Grint is - D man

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

ya he is

does anyone know how they got him to be in the video? cos Sheeran isn't that famous yet and so i wouldn't imaigne they'd have the budget to get movie stars in his video?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

allydylan wrote: »
    ya he is

does anyone know how they got him to be in the video? cos Sheeran isn't that famous yet and so i wouldn't imaigne they'd have the budget to get movie stars in his video?

Ah they hardly had to pay him, they are both famous english gingers. It could of worked out that maybe rupert was a sheeran fan or even the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

ah ok, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

I think he's great, best of luck to him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

lego house unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A-Team and Lego House are awesome songs imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Completely changed what I think of the guy. I downloaded his free EP he released a while ago and it's decent. Saw him on telly a while ago and and he did some cool stuff, kind of doing a rap in one of his songs but pulling it off without looking ridiculous. I like the guy now, and I used to really hate him. Guess he needed a headwrecking single like A Team to get where he is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I dont think he's great. He's very modern, and by that I mean he's symptomatic of the music scene at the moment.

I do not give someone credit for "making it" via youtube (I'm thinking more Lana Del Rey than Sheeran here). Its nothing special and in many ways is far, far easier than touring your bollocks off in crapholes trying to get your name out there.

Secondly I have heard people say he's great because he's young. Rubbish. Dylan wrote "The Freewheelin' when he was 22, age doesn't enter into it.

I have listened to the album numerous time and find him to be confused. I know he's probably dipping into different genres because he finds them interesting, but its a classic case of Jack of all trades, master of none.

A lot of people say that "he's better than most other pop acts", well thats a backhanded compliment. A bit like being the the nicest paedo :D

Good luck to the guy, but people need a bit of perspective. He's ok, not the worst, but certainly nowhere near anything remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Meh, I'm not a fan but there is worse out there. I just think his music is really bland and uninteresting.

Also, in regards to people saying that he's better than most of the other stuff that's in the charts. That doesn't really say anything since most of it is complete crap at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

He bores the life out of me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭vider12

I love ed.. seen him live twice now. He is outstanding live it is only him, guitar and a looping microphone. he records himself beat boxing and sets it on the loop then he just plays and sings... amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Apologies for bumping an old thread but have just heard the latest song about a "bump" on the radio.

Never before have I swore at my radio.
    Never before have I wanted to vent about how bad a song I have been listening to.
    I listened to it all out of some masochistic notion, I won't do it twice.
    Who buys this and why would anyone want to listen to that on an afternoon radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Ed Sheeran is proof that Draco Malfoy is an evil little bastard.

Advertisement