Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€400 build incl Keyboard and Mouse...............

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Are you going to go for the club 3D 6770?

http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/radeon-hd-6770.html

It has a vga port on the graphics card so there is no need for a adapter

Yup, going for that card, it seems solid enough according to your comments and has a low power draw it seems.
    marco_polo wrote: »
    Wouldn't bother with extra case fans unless you have a good reason to get one. I guess you you could spend a bit more one wherever you want really, nicer peripheral, slightly fancier case, bigger hard drive etc.

I think the core build (PSU CPU etc) is solid enough and doesn't need much improvement.

That's great! This forum is the shizz. I'm going to order this tonight. not gonna bother with any fancy peripherals. Going to buy a decent mouse and keyboard (not german layout).

Thanks for all the help again !

Bought and money sent.
    Thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Bought and money sent.
    Thanks for the help

Good luck with the build :D

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Good luck with the build :D

Do I need extra Sata cables ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Ah cock. Yes, you'll need one. Just saw the mobo on YouTube and like most newer sub-€100 boards it only bundles one SATA cable :(

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    Ah cock. Yes, you'll need one. Just saw the mobo on YouTube and like most newer sub-€100 boards it only bundles one SATA cable :(

ok, so where does the other one lead to? IMA n00b! Front usbs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

ok, so where does the other one lead to? IMA n00b! Front usbs?

One for the HDD, one for the optical drive.

Donny5 wrote: »
    One for the HDD, one for the optical drive.

Ok, that's sound> I wonder does my old pc have them? Do they have to be sata 2 cables?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Ok, that's sound> I wonder does my old pc have them? Do they have to be sata 2 cables?

yea. SATA2 and 3 cables are the same. SATA1 didn't catch on so chances are its IDE PATA or SATA2.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    yea. SATA2 and 3 cables are the same. SATA1 didn't catch on so chances are its IDE PATA or SATA2.

Sound, I'll pick one up so. Doubt the pc in 2003 had them in it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

It may have, always worth a look so long as you're sure you won't need them in the old computer!

Solitaire wrote: »
    It may have, always worth a look so long as you're sure you won't need them in the old computer!

Ok ,will do , tried opening it last night but it was like fort knox! I know the side panel comes off it and I loosened two screws but it wouldn't budge!

Also, HVS dispatched today :cool:
    Great service imo, they received payment at 4:00pm and dispatched it at 8:00pm , Trojans I tells ya!

Can't wait to get it now :D

Advertisement