Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 gallon stock pot

Options
  • 11-08-2011 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hello
    Home brewers just to let people know there is 4 gallon stock pots in heatons and there ss for 25 euro just in case people were looking for stock pots for brewing i just purchased 1 2day so now i can do more and bigger partial mashes :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rukkus

Was this it http://www.heatonsstores.com/Product/Stanford-Stainless-Steel-Stockpot-30cm/259667/1004020202 ?

Be nice to see it with a tap and hop strainer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 mrtickel

Yep thats the 1
    I got my grains and hops today from www.homebrewcompany.ie for the receipe im going to try it is BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde im doing a partial mash this sunday of it.
    and the homebrewcompany were great fast deliver next day actually so this is going to be my supplier from now on.;)

Sweet,

What size batch are you planning? I'm curious as I'm looking for something to get started with for my first extract batch :)

Im going to do a 5 gallon batch
    It will be good ta see what efficency i get wit this receipe

Let me know how it turns out :)

• Advertisement

Sound no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Since I was talking about it in another thread I felt it might be useful here. I wanted to get the pot described in the thread but I had no way of getting to a Heatons easily on public transport.

I got this pot in a "pound shop" on Talbot street.
    20110903170914.jpg

4 gallons, stainless steel and it came to €45. There were smaller ones that looked like 3.5 gallon for €40.

Rukkus just made the recipe last night everything went well i got an efficency of 67% which is good but the only thing was it took along time to get it cooled but all in all it went well.

Cool, Great to hear :D I've a Duvel clone fermenting atm but I suspect it might have stalled, I need to get a bit of time to check it.

RE: the 4 gallon pots in the pound shop, were there many there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

There were at least 4 different sizes which looked to be 4 gallon at the largest to 3 gallon at the smallest in that range. The 4 sizes are on display in the shop and the guy went upstairs to get me a boxed one so I have no idea how many they have. My guess would be they have plenty.

• Advertisement

shiny the 4 gallon stock pot just fits nicely on my creamic stove top any wider and id be in bother plus i have a 3 gallon stock pot as well thats fits beside it (well the ring diagonely across from it).

Rukkus wat is the duvel clone is it and ale ,lager,stout.
    do you do all grain or partial mashes like me

I'm just on my second kit at the moment, its a brewferm diabolo kit. I'm looking to move up to either extract or all grain but I'm in the process of looking at gear at the moment.

I'm tending towards BIAB with one of these because i'm in an apartment but dont have a lot of room.

Advertisement