Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

htc wildfire S for free or samsung wave for 50quid

Options
  • 11-08-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

hi folks

ye're all probably bored from answering these kind of threads but any help with the decision is appreciated.

I've been offered a wildfire S on a free upgrade with 3. I'm on a 25euro 12 month contract so its not a bad deal. I could also get a samsung wave for 49euro I think.

the wildfire S looks neat and tidy but I'd be worried about how small the screen is and how easy/hard it is to text with because of that. a lot of reviews also whinge about it being underpowered but I'm not sure that would be a big thing for me. I dont really play any games, i use the phone for voice, text and social media stuff plus one or two news apps maybe.

I dont mind spending the 50 quid on the samsung wave if it was a much better phone. the screen looks bigger anyway for a start. dont know much about it after that.

any opinions?
    ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

The wave is a good phone. Great screen. But having said that, it is an older handset and has been out for over a year. Also Bada OS is still quite small but it is still being shipped on newer handsets and according to SlashGear It will be shipped on newer handsets also.

Personally I would try to go with Android though but you would want to hold the phone in your hand and see. Try going to a 3store and then order over the phone/online for the better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If it's the Wave I, get the Wildfire S. If it's the Wave II, might be worth a look. There's not as many apps (by a long shot) as Android, but it's a nice OS with a great screen. Wildfire S is a low to mid range smart phone, and I've generally felt if you want a good smart phone, go for the high end range. You're getting a very diluted experience with the Wildfire S (and the likes of the Galaxy Ace, Galaxy Mini, Optimus One etc)

Advertisement