Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand and Paypal

Options
  • 11-08-2011 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Been seeing it around frequently but can't see to find the feature myself. Do they accept Paypal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

Stokolan wrote: »

No idea where other people keep seeing it.... Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yes you can, on the payment option page their is a choice to use paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Stokolan wrote: »

Errm, I don't know what page you're looking at but, actually they do ...
    per PayPal

Sie vollenden den Bestellprozess und wählen als Zahlart PayPal. Im Anschluss erhalten Sie von uns eine E-Mail mit einem Link, dieser führt auf unsere Seite von der aus Sie auf die PayPal-Seite gelangen, um den Betrag zu überweisen. Bitte beachten Sie, dass wir aufgrund der Kosten für die Transaktion bei einer Zahlung per PayPal eine Gebühr von 3% auf den Warenwert erheben. Dieser Betrag kann im Falle einer Warenrücksendung nicht erstattet werden.

Alun wrote: »
    Errm, I don't know what page you're looking at but, actually they do ...

Anyone able to show me how? The only page I see is for prepay?

• Advertisement

Anyone able to show me how? The only page I see is for prepay?

oJD9r.jpg

No sign of that paypal option there? Not even on the German page

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've been emailed by HWVS personally regarding the Paypal issue. Apparently its not available in Ireland, but if your email is registered on the HWVS website is in the UK or has a UK domain, Paypal is an option. I never once had the Paypal option appear on mine with an Irish, International and a UK domain so I dunno

I've been emailed by HWVS personally regarding the Paypal issue. Apparently its not available in Ireland, but if your email is registered on the HWVS website is in the UK or has a UK domain, Paypal is an option. I never once had the Paypal option appear on mine with an Irish, International and a UK domain so I dunno

Thanks Cherry, might try fiddle with a new uk email adress.

If it's worth anything to anyone: Make the HWVS account with a UK address (fake will do) Then when you go to order change the shipping address. Bingo, IRE address with a visa option or paypal :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

If it's worth anything to anyone: Make the HWVS account with a UK address (fake will do) Then when you go to order change the shipping address. Bingo, IRE address with a visa option or paypal :)

let us know if your order goes successfully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

I used Paypal last month on HWV, with a gmail address and sending to Ireland.

Had to pay a 3% service charge though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

This is really the main problem with HWVS. If they would just start taking credit cards like all major online retailers they'd see sales skyrocket- the effort of a going to a bank and queuing up to make an international transfer or waiting for funds to transfer to a paypal account kills the impulse buying market.

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    This is really the main problem with HWVS. If they would just start taking credit cards like all major online retailers they'd see sales skyrocket- the effort of a going to a bank and queuing up to make an international transfer or waiting for funds to transfer to a paypal account kills the impulse buying market.

They take credit cards through paypal.

Trevor451 wrote: »
    They take credit cards through paypal.

No, they don't, like it says in post #7, "At present we can''t accept PayPal transfers with credit card.". Plus, PayPal are a horrible company with an awful rep.

Well turns out they don't accept cards through paypal, so it's the fun of a bank transfer plus 3%!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Well turns out they don't accept cards through paypal, so it's the fun of a bank transfer plus 3%!
    Where's the 3% coming from? Can you not use Fee free banking?

The 3% charge is usually associated with using paypal, I haven't heard of anyone getting hit with it when using bank transfer.

Yeah, with HWVS you have two payment options- an international SWIFT bank transfer(which may require you to go to a bank or other hassle) or a bank transfer to Paypal(which in my experience takes a couple of days, and once never reached my Paypal account at all)and then pay them with that, with a 3% fee.

Hence my desire to see them accepting credit cards like many online retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

From my experience last week, the bank transfer will go through the next day if you place it before noon, or two days later if you place it afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Put an order through via paypal on thursday. Its been dispatched too so no problems.

Account is registered here in dublin, with an @indigo.ie email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    From my experience last week, the bank transfer will go through the next day if you place it before noon, or two days later if you place it afterwards.
    Yup. The earlier you make the transfer, the more likely they will get it on the next business day. Other wise it's usually 2-3 business days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Never seen the paypal option myself, if you are with Bank of Ireland you can do the IBAN transfer via online banking so its no hassle. Did one recently and they received payment and shipped the next day.

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    No, they don't, like it says in post #7, "At present we can''t accept PayPal transfers with credit card.". Plus, PayPal are a horrible company with an awful rep.

How did I manage to buy stuff off them then? I payed by credit card through paypal no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the best option is to get your phone registered with BOI

Advertisement