Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with a death where you did not have a good relationship with the deceased.

• 11-08-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭

My mother died over a month ago and we never had a good relationship. She got ill several years ago but our relationship did not improve. Even still, I am finding it hard as I miss the idea of having a mother but not her (she was physically and mentally abusive). I never got closure on the abuse, she never explained it, not that I think that abuse can ever be explained but I would have liked her to say sorry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭coolcat63

This may sound strange but I would suggest writing your mother a letter; telling her all you were unable to say in life, all the feelings you have kept buried. Keep the letter for a while then bury or burn it. This is what I intend to do when my adopted mother dies.

Advertisement