Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapping Guns?

Options
  • 11-08-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

I am looking at swapping .22 for a semi outo shotgun. The shotgun is not from a dealer its in private possession. Do I just apply for a licence on the shotgun and the owner does the same for the .22 or what?

Replys greatly appreciated.

Pachey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭pheasntstalker

:confused::confused: hi lads anybody please advise me ,have agreed a swap with an op to swap semi auto for a 22 rifle,i have a joint license for a 22, so for me it would be a like for like for me as far as the new licence if u get me? as far as op what does he do? does he get firearm no from me and when filling in sourch of f/arm put down private and same for me?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

Myself and another lad had a joint licence on a shotgun last year, I subtituted my own licence for another shotgun and he then was sole licencer of the original shotgun. You give the op your semi serial no and let him apply for a licence. You are gona substitute your joint .22 licence for the swap and lose your shotgun licence. You get the serial no off the ops .22 and fill out your substitution and hand it into the gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

You will each need to fill in an FCA2 form to cnacel your current serts. This will then leave you both free to fill in the FCA1 form for new licenses on the respective guns; as you cannot apply for a license on a gun that is already licensed. You will need the help of a firearms dealer to store the guns and give you the relevant paper work.

hi bigfella ,thanks for that i was thinking that would be the case,just thought i d get advise and make sure thanks for clearing it up for me:):)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Lads,

Don't know if this swap is with each other or if its coincidence, but as the topics are the same i'm merging threads to "pool" all the info.

Ez.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Just today I completed another sale of a firearm between two private individuals. My son (the seller) and the buyer of his 223. This it about the third time for me to complete a sale of a firearm without using a go-between gun dealer.

the buyer in each and every case MUST get a license for the firearm they intend to buy.

Do it like this to make it all go easy.
    1. Seller writes out a letter that states their address, phone number, "Is selling their firearm to Joe Blogs, and the buyer address", Sellers firearm serial number, Sellers license number for the firearm (from the front of the license).
      The seller MUST state that he will not give the buyer the firearm until the buyer has a license issued for the firearm.
      All neatly on a sheet of paper. Typed out is best.
    2. Seller has the FCA1 form ready and filled in section 3.3 that states for the buyer the "Source of Firearm", with the correct details of the sellers name, address, phone number, and the firearms license number for the firearm (from the front of the license).
    3. Seller gives the letter of sale and FCA1 form to the buyer who will then fill out the rest of the FCA1 form with his details and apply for a license for the firearm.
    4. Buyer gives a deposit on the firearm, about half of the sale price. Which is refundable if buyer does not get the license.
    5. When buyer gets the license for the firearm the sale can be completed.
    Thats about it, easy to complete.

mods are correct it is swap between myself and pachy100 and big thanks to clivej for in making it simple top man ,much respect for experience

Advertisement