Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scoroobius Pip

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I had no idea he was releasing solo material, digging that song and the video is ace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chasenlife

He's in Dublin sometime in September apparently. Not sure if Dan le Sac will be with him.

Obviously boardsies don't rate him.

I think he's a criminally overlooked/underrated

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

As far as I know, Le Sac will be with him and they are supporting B. Dolan on his upcoming European tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

nice, havent checked him since he signed with sage.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭redsky7

think pip is trying to add a irish date or 2 to his november uk tour, Dan Le Sac is here in september as support to B. Dolan as far as i know.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Not a fan at all, I think him by himself would be like if you took Eric B. and Rakim and left just Eric B...

Eric B is a great DJ as is Dan le Sac. Blasphemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

LOVE this guy. Brilliant writer, and quite different to the Dizzee Rascal-esque style of rapping that seems to be doing the rounds in the UK at the moment. He doesn't pretend to be 'street' or whatever. He just is what he is (which seems to be a pretty well-read, educated guy). Kinda reminds me of Gil Scott Heron.

New Video/Song from the album featuring Sage and POS. Tasty.

There is another version going to be released soon with Cecil Otter and Metermaids on it. Looking forward to hearing that.
    I also heard that Cecil Otter is handling some production on the Pip album. There is going to be a strong Strange Famous influence, this excites me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

It's alright.

He's kind of switched from being spoken word to being a simple rapper. Will be interesting to see how it develops.

Always been more of a fan of Jinx Lennon.

http://jinxlennon1.bandcamp.com/track/far-too-cosy

• Advertisement

Here's the redux of the track Let Em Come, i likes this lots

http://soundcloud.com/strangefamousrecords/let-em-come-redux

Cool, taught that work with pos would be a once off. Nice.

Advertisement