Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI - DVI cable question?

Options
  • 11-08-2011 9:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

My computers graphics card has HDMI, VGA, and DVI outputs, at the moment I am using it with my Samsung monitor which is a 22" 1080p monitor and it works perfectly.

For the last year I was using the PC exclusivly with my TV for watching tv shows and films again via the HDMI cable. I am now using the PC for normal day to day stuff in the next room and also want to use it as my TV computer.

My plan is to run a 5 metre HDMI cable from the PC to my TV as before and get a DVI to HDMI cable which has a DVI plug on end and HDMI on the other so I can also use my samsung desktop monitor for normal day to day stuff.

I would then get a wireless mouse and keyboard so I could control the computer from the next room, just to control VLC player etc.

What I'm wondering is will the DVI to HDMI cable give me 1080p on the desktop monitor also or should I get a HDMI splitter and run two HDMI cables from the one output via the splitter?

Comments

Advertisement