Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a camera - trying to find the owner

Options
  • 11-08-2011 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭

Hi all! Was walking past the Salthouse today and saw a camera on the side of the road. It's a nice digital, probably about €300 new. Going to get a cable for it tomorrow so I can upload a photo of the owner.

There's a load of photos on it, and I reckon it belongs to a youngish couple who've just had a baby. Mother is quite slender, probably late-30s, and was at a festival (Glasto, Oxegen, maybe Body & Soul) and brought the baby along. Other than that, I think they're in the process of building a house, or just had one built.

Hopefully I can find the owners, because I know what it's like to lose a full camera. If you know anyone who fits the bill, let me know. Mods, not sure if I should upload a photo, but I'm going to put one on Facebook tomorrow in the hope that some of her friends recognise her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

fair play to yeah i found a ipod a few months ago put a post up but no one claimed it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let Salthouse know, that' where I'd ask if I lost a camera around there.
    Maybe give them a note with make/model and your number.
    The same for McGuires Shop.
    Then just hand it in to the Gardai, that would be my next port of call if I lost something.

Not everyone will think to check this forum but most will probably ask around the area they lost it and maybe the guards.

Post make here and a photo is fine if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

Things like this renew my faith in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

let the gardai in galway know you have it, the owner might have reported it missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Try load a photo into this;
    http://www.stolencamerafinder.com/

It'll search for other photos online taken with the same camera (serial number in exif data). It might find a Flickr page or something.

If the camera was registered the manufacturer might be able to pass on word to the owner if you give them the serial number. Not sure if they do this but should be possible anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

fair play to you, i hope you find them

on a side note, if they brought a baby to oxegen i hope social services finds them before you.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Dito to the Kudos OP

@McTigs I'd say in their defense it was probably Electric Picnic if it was any festival in Ireland, (EP is more family oriented, and only a lunatic would go to Oxygen given it's recent history never mind bring an infant along!) The price of EP tickets is one of the reasons you never see any trouble there, the 'sdaehtihS can't afford them.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭thedesigntribe

Send one photo to the advertiser.. it will make for a good article & someone is bound to spot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Hi all, OP here. So here are the couple in question:
    ST830801.jpg

Think the guy on the left is the boyfriend/husband:
    ST830773.jpg

Anyone on here know them? PM me if you do and we'll take it from there. Also going to post on the Advertiser wall. Thanks for the suggestions and kudos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Right, just wanted to close this off. Found the owner of the camera, a Spanish person over visiting relatives. Friend of mine recognised her. Mystery solved!

Now I just have to get myself one of those cameras :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Excellent, all's well that ends well.

Kudos for working so hard trying to find the owners!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement