Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Bantam - No balance

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

http://http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=135247&p=1

I agree that at this point its not impacted crop, at this stage it would have turned to sour crop and she wouldnt be pooping as often as she is.
    DO you think it might be Mareks? This thread is quite interesting with some info on apparent cures
    It is a shame that she doesnt seem to be improving as you have done so much to try to help her. I really feel for you...

Is she able to eat her normal hen food or greens yet?
    Have you tried making a porridge out of the barley you normally feed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

She's barely able to drink water at the moment. She's gone downhill a bit the past day or so. If I wasn't syringe into the back of her beak, she wouldn't eat or drink at all.

Marek's seems possible, especially with the age of the bird. I'll call into a health shop on my way home from work and get some hypericum. I'll try it out for a day or two and see if there's any improvement. At this stage, I'm running out of options. I hate seeing her suffer though. Fingers crossed.

The poor girl. :(
    I thought the thread was very interesting. Cetainly worth trying for a day or two.
    You've really thrown your heart into saving her and I really hope you manage to do that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I tried the homeopathic option, but there was no improvement. She was still so weak, and just skin and bones at this stage, so I made the decision to put her down.

Thank you so much for your help, especially themadhouse. It's a pity there wasn't a more favourable outcome, but unfortunately that's life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Fair play to you for doing all you did. I'm sorry there wasn't a better outcome but at least you know there wasn't anything else you could do.

I tried the homeopathic option, but there was no improvement. She was still so weak, and just skin and bones at this stage, so I made the decision to put her down.

Thank you so much for your help, especially themadhouse. It's a pity there wasn't a more favourable outcome, but unfortunately that's life.

I am so sorry. You did so much to try to help her. Rip little silkie.

Advertisement