Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste management, I guess.

Options
  • 11-08-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

I moved into town for the summer and there are no bins with our house so we've been placing the blackbags out the back, but now we're leaving in like 3 weeks and have to get rid of them. I've only ever had communal skips, so I have never had to deal with the council/other companies. No one has ever seen what the neighbours do with their rubbish.

There's about 10-12 bags and I stress, we don't want to dump illegally!

What's the story with those white bags? You buy them, fill them up, leave them outside and they're collected? Or do you have to call up, and register/pay more money?

Any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring City Bin, they should be able to help.
    Or drive the bags to Barna Waste out the Curragh line

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

biko wrote: »
    Ring City Bin, they should be able to help.
    Or drive the bags to Barna Waste out the Curragh line

Thank you! :D

I'd need a trailor for that.. I'm def not putting a load of rotting trash in a car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

The white bags are City Bin bags. You just leave them out in the street every morning except Sunday. Hollands off Eyre Square are the cheapest for them. If you have a lot of bags I'd say you are best going to the dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

bigtuna wrote: »
    The white bags are City Bin bags. You just leave them out in the street every morning except Sunday. Hollands off Eyre Square are the cheapest for them. If you have a lot of bags I'd say you are best going to the dump.

O'Brien's have a deal on City Bin bags if you buy a few of them. I saw a sign in there the other day. Not too sure the exact price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Compared to the price of prepaid bags, if you have access to a car, its way cheaper. If you are worried about mess/smell, double-bag them and/or get a small tarp/plastic sheet, drive with the windows open. I'd say it'd be worth it even to do a couple of trips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Compared to the price of prepaid bags, if you have access to a car, its way cheaper. If you are worried about mess/smell, double-bag them and/or get a small tarp/plastic sheet, drive with the windows open. I'd say it'd be worth it even to do a couple of trips.

Remember we are talking about three-month old rubbish here .. not just your average two weeks old stuff.

OP ... eeeewww! Hope I don't get you as a neighbour! Sorry, but it's gotta be said. If you move in to a place like that again, please oh please get a bag out every week.

Advertisement