Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe place to leave bike

• 11-08-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

Hey guys can anyone recommend a safe place to leave a bike in the city centre. not really keen on leaving it outside debenhams.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

To be honest I don't think there's anywhere 100% safe to leave the bike! I usually leave mine in Mary I and walk down!

Would love if a city centre car park would allow people to park bikes! Couple of places in Dublin do and it's a great service!
    I wonder if Tony Clarke would be interested in doing it in his car park!
    5 car spaces could easily hold about 30 bikes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

When I used to cycle to town used to always lock me bike in a really old
    tiny tiny carpark in Bedford Row against a bit of pipe! for a few pence the bloke that worked in the garage would look after it.
    surprisingly at the time it was considered one of the safest places to lock yer bike in the city at the time, and outside Roches Stores by the railings being the most dodgiest despite how public and being smack bang in the center of Limerick those railings were.

Alas the place is long gone.

Do modern Carparks in the City not offer a Bike service ?
    (Sorry I dont drive so dont use carparks so would not know)

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Bedford motor company car park Noel was a great lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

sioda wrote: »
    Bedford motor company car park Noel was a great lad

i think i remember that place, just up the road from spaights. oh god im feeling old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

djdunny wrote: »
    Hey guys can anyone recommend a safe place to leave a bike in the city centre. not really keen on leaving it outside debenhams.
    on the street between Henry street station and o'connell street. They have proper bike locking yokes there - can't remember the name for them. Basically an upside down U shape that you can lock both wheels and frame to. Get a Kryptonite D-lock (aka U-lock!) with a cable that will loop through it. On the phone now,but could post a link to the one I use when on a real pooter. Got mine from chainreactioncycles.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Aren't smart phones brillunt! The proper name for them is Sheffield bike stands, and here http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=27019 is the lock I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Bike Stand outside Henry St Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

yayamark wrote: »
    Bike Stand outside Henry St Garda Station.

Probably the best place to park it if you WANT it to get robbed :P

Best bet is pick a spot with a lot of traffic; train station, shopping centre, etc. Also if its a work thing talk to your employer, I'm sure they wouldn't be against doing you a favour about storage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Leave it outside the Locke Bar, there's a few bike stands up that road along the river. There's always people sitting outside the front of the bar, and plenty of tourists around too (about the only area they go these days).

Have left mine there a few times, including a night out after which I cycled back home :o

Advertisement