Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebond for affordable houses

Options
  • 11-08-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

A friend of mine bought an affordable house 5 years ago. Are there homebonds in place for these houses? If there are problems who do you contact? The council?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You would need to check the contract.

If you need to claim, talk to a solicitor immediately as time may be of the essence.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

you need to contact your solicitor immediately and get them to deal with Homebond.

best of luck with that :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

As per above- get your solicitor on the case- unfortunately many forum users have been distinctly unimpressed by their attempts to deal with Homebond.......

Is the builder/developer still in existence? If so- this would be a more appropriate course of action (and far more likely to achieve a favourable outcome!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mariposa23

Thanks, i'll pass on your suggestions to my friend. I don't know about the developer - its an affordable home, she only dealt with the council when buying it. I'll tell her to check it out anyway, thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

what is it? homebond?

sorry for being so newb, but can anyone explain it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

what is it? homebond?

sorry for being so newb, but can anyone explain it?

Homebond is a catastrophic insurance policy taken out by builders to cover significant structural defects over a 10 year period following the construction on the building. Its sole purpose is the rectification of issues / restitution of damage that affects the structural integrity of the building (nothing else- just the structural integrity of the building).

Advertisement