Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHLA BAD SERVICE OR WHAT ?

Options
  • 11-08-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Hello guys,

Seagate sent me a replace disk drive for my pc and it was shipped via DHL.

I received an email stating it would be delivered on the 10/7 at 6.

10 past 6 package didnt arrive so i tracked it online andit says address information needd contact DHL.

so i caled their 1890 number and spoke to the customer care team and she explained the driver went to my house and no one bearing my name was dear.

Unfortunately for me I'm at home 24/7 staying with my sister who is partially disabled.

The girl I spoke toi said it will be delivered the next day which was today arround 1pm

1.20 it wasn't here i called tracked it online and they said shipment on hold.

I sent them an email stating why it was so an they replied stating the driver went to the address and no one with my name was there.

and they said I should come with PHOTO ID. Which I replied stating I wont.

What should I do ?

my address was clearly written out including my phone number.

The bus driver could have phoned.

In my humble opinion this service was incompetent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah, that is odd, usually the driver calls you straight away. Usually if I get anything from DHL, the driver will call that morning and see what time I'll be there and what time he will be passing.

OP if you hadnt called the package would have been returned to sender. Until you have the package, you dont know what way the address is written.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

DHL do offer a poor service from my own experience .

Some weeks ago a DHL van arrived at the business next door to us .

The receptionist was on the phone , and the driver left the package in front of her and noted on the advice note ( Addressee not at home ) - this was because nobody signed for the package .

When the receptionist was finished on the phone , the DHL driver was gone . and the package was not even for them .- It was for another business about 200 yards down the road .

I deal with couriers in Ireland on a daily basis , and I must say , many do not care , they just want to get in and get out as fast as possible .
    This is understandable , as they have many calls to make .

But their service leaves a lot to be desired .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

what could I say to them that would enable them to deliver it to my house ?

I really dont see my self going to the Dublin airport logistics to get it.

Advertisement